Director – Player Journey, Demand Generation
Who We Are
Founded in 2005, the 2K label includes some of the most talented game development studios in the world today including: Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13, 2K Czech and Cat Daddy Games. Our world-class team of engineers, developers, graphic artists and publishing professionals are stewards of a growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, NBA 2K, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
Our vision at 2K is to create a diverse and inclusion environment to “Come as You are and Feel Equipped to do Your Best Work!” We are dedicated to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and equality in all that we do. Our communities are focused on increased access and personal growth, and their greatness depends on a diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin, and perspective. We're an equal opportunity employer, and we're excited to build the future of co-living with the world's most hardworking and passionate people.
What We Need
The Director of Player Journey is a newly created position in the Demand Generation department that is instrumental to the future strategy of 2K.
2K has a diverse range of products that have operated as product specific categories and our focus now is to develop a strategy that looks at a complete player journey across all touchpoints as opposed to individual games; or individual touchpoints by discipline/function.
This person will be charged with creating and implementing a cross-portfolio player journey strategy. This strategy should include a technology roadmap and data capture strategy for both owned and external data; both in and out of game. The role will be a highly cross-functional one with the successful candidate being required to establish relationships with teams across both 2K and our partners (both retail and first party). These partners will be crucial in both shaping the strategy - but also in providing assistance in its implementation.
The technology and data infrastructure requirements developed as a result of this strategy will be built by a multidisciplinary team across 2K and T2 - with the Director of Player Journey being the lead role and customer to various technology partners. As a result the successful candidate will be comfortable delving into technical discussions - without necessarily needing to be a technology authority themselves.
Acknowledging that any strategy is only as good as its execution this role will also be involved in operationalizing the agreed strategy. This will include defining and implementing testing plans that bring scale across our player base, individual games and across the entire 2K portfolio. You will work at the cutting edge of marketing innovation – working with developers across our games to optimize the player experience and messaging to ensure that 2K’s players are improving the value they derive from their gaming experience.
This position is ideal for a hardworking and high-reaching marketer who is both transformational to drive the future strategy, but also rigorously focused on the detail and best possible execution and can speak technical language.
What You Will Do
- Work with internal technology teams to develop and prioritize a roadmap to deliver enhanced marketing capabilities for executional teams.
- Work with partners to appropriately and respectfully enrich player profiles to allow our marketing campaigns to reward users for engagement.
- Ensure that player focused marketing strategies are enhanced across our existing owned and earned channels.
- Work with members of the marketing and growth teams to develop global marketing strategies that focus on increasing engagement both within and across our franchises.
- Work with technology and analytics focused teams to build requirements for future development related to our CRM capabilities, in-game ad platforms and push notifications strategies.
- Hold technology teams accountable for delivery of these requirements and work with them to unblock the team where appropriate.
- Work with multiple partners across the business to ensure alignment on strategy and the effective delivery of marketing plans.
- Socialize Strategies & Results: Create information resources, namely PowerPoint decks, to share and present information within 2KDG and externally.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- 7+ Years of experience required in a leadership role
- Self Starter and quick learner with the confidence and ability to take on new initiatives with little guidance.
- Expert knowledge of Digital Marketing strategies required.
- Knowledge of product development processes and AGILE approaches to development are a strong advantage.
- A genuine interest in pushing the boundaries on marketing strategies and capabilities within 2K.
- Experience of using data to create stories for high level consumption.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills. Ability to quickly digest large amounts of data, perform analysis and identify trends to make data-based business decisions. Excel expertise.
- Excellent attention to detail.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.