At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Budapest studio is looking for a Technical Artist. Our ideal Technical Artist has both an artistic and technical background that covers many subject areas. We need someone who has a passion for converting ideas into functional tools that will make the lives of artists better and can successfully help the engineers developing their prototypes with knowledge about artistic workflows. Our Technical Artist is a clear communicator who promotes ideas about improvements of every aspect of artist life and productivity.
NBA2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on cutting-edge technology. We are committed to building the most diverse team possible, so while a list of qualifications is provided below, please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Collaborate with Art and Engineering to drive research into workflows, technologies, and tools for improved deformations, animation quality, and streamlined content creation processes
- Assist in rigging and maintaining clothing, and prop assets
- Setup dynamic systems for real-time game assets
- Work closely with the character, animation, and environment art teams.
- Investigate pre- and post-release issues in the game engine
- Assist in maintaining pipeline and tools on artist machines
- Learn and grow with some of the top talent in the industry
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
- Motivated by tackling challenging technical assignments
- Experience and curiosity about investigating new techniques, implementing them, and sharing your findings
- Passionate about helping to create high quality art
- Ability to quickly shift priorities
- Comfortable working in Maya or willingness to learn
- Basic rigging skills that demonstrate skinning of organic models (clothing, characters etc,)
- Experience in one or more programming languages (Ex. Python, PyMel, PySide/PyQt, C#/C++/Maya API)
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio of professional or personal work samples, demonstrating successful understanding and application of industry standard practices
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com