Principal Environment Technical Artist
Cloud Chamber is looking for a principal artist to work closely with the environment art team to develop new technologies and processes. You are a problem solver at heart. You love puzzles and you love fixing things. You are a team player and enjoy digging into the intricacies of game development, listening to how your team functions and figuring out where you fit in that puzzle. We are equally art and tech focused and appreciate someone, like you, who can walk the line between the two; masterfully blurring and bending that line to create amazing environments.
- Develop and maintain a “bridge” between Technical Art and Art Department
- Advise the Art Department on new features, training, and best practices.
- Communicate effectively with art team members, production, and management to ensure that project technical art goals are met.
- Work alongside art leads to develop efficient and effective environment art pipelines to bring art department vision to life
- Work with the environment department on best practices, tools, and performance optimization.
- Assist the team in learning new technologies and processes
- Advise and prototype for the team to help
- Provide expertise through prototyping technical solutions to aid in the development of art
- Help solve problems in areas such as rendering and streaming.
- Work side-by-side with Directors and Leads to carry the vision forward. Together we will set the stage for compelling narrative, stunning visuals, and a unique gameplay experience.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
Your understanding of form, shape, structure, and silhouette regarding world building is second to none. You possess a solid understanding of architectural structure, special design, industrial design, and the details necessary to build believable environments. Previous experience has left you with a strong understanding of how to leverage the tools to create and realize your vision. You are someone who sets an example for a positive collaborative process.
- You’ve shipped at least one title as a senior or principal artist, ideally using Unreal
- Experience developing / shipping AAA first person shooters is a plus!
- Experience working within cross-discipline strike teams on collaborative assignments.
- Self-motivated, excellent communication skills, and a great team-player attitude.
- Experience with materials and shaders, knowing what is needed and where to use them for difficult visual targets is a plus.
- You have a love for research, reference, and documenting your findings to share with the team.
- Passion for working on your craft and mentoring more junior artists one on one or with tutorials and videos.
- Experience with Lighting, Materials and Shaders as applied to Physically Based Rendering
- Ability to work with technical documentation
- Understanding of modern rendering techniques and high-level shading languages.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.