BioShock, Borderlands, Battleborn, Civilization, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM… and the list is growing. Since 2K began 13 years ago, we’ve been creating games that we are proud of, and are excited to play ourselves. It’s because of the support of our fans that we are able to innovate, explore new worlds and new ways to tell stories. If we’re being 100 percent honest, a lot of us were fans before we started working here.
As one of the most recognized and talented technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and ESPP.
2K has some exciting new titles coming so our Quality Assurance team continues to grow! We are looking for a self-motivated, passionate QA Lead to manage a team in delivering test plans on pre-release versions of software to detect and record product defects. You will champion the quality of our games and services. Reports to a QA Manager or Senior QA Lead.
- Oversee product quality: lead the various stages of testing on each project; manage team projects to ensure that each has gone through at least two complete cycles of testing (all test cases carried out) for final release testing achievements. Develop test plans and documentation. Ensure that all bugs marked resolved were resolved correctly.
- Manage projects’ progress: assess personnel, skills, amount and type of work to be completed, and timetables in order to provide frequent reports and documentation to QA Management, Producers and Developers.
- Supervise staff (Senior Testers and 10-30 Testers, some potentially acting as Pod Leaders): interview, hire, train, evaluate performance, and when necessary, address performance issues with your team; establish and manage work schedules, mentor team leaders and provide guidance to them regarding task allocation to Testers.
- Manage production of all testing results including: daily reports, weekly status reports, test cases, test plans, bug tracking reports, final release certification report, RTM checklists, and post-mortem reports.
- Support Producers and/or Developers: setup and run bug triages (bug reviews) and provide all necessary documentation. Lead discussions regarding the status of the bugs and the game in testing phase and collaborate on prioritization of remaining issues to ensure these are addressed and resolved.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Exceptional communication and writing skills.
- Advanced MS Office Excel, Word and Outlook skills.
- Advanced database skills; to include TTP and Jira.
- Has demonstrated that they understand and live by the departments’ core values.
- Consistently provides a positive role-model to testers within the department.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 4+ Years of QA Testing experience within the gaming industry
- Comprehensive understanding of test cycles and processes.
- Prior supervisory/leadership experience managing medium to large sized teams
- Understanding and ability to implement effective customer service standards
- Reliable and can be counted on to work all scheduled shifts
- Capable of working any overtime, which can occur during the workweek, weekends, and occasional holidays
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms
- Ability to lift up to 20 lbs. occasionally, sit for long periods and move between floors
- Passion for games and the gaming industry and/or experience in this field
- Experience with relevant tools such as Zendesk, Google Analytics, Confluence and all gaming platforms
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.