At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Budapest studio is looking for an experienced 3D Character Artist to contribute to the next iteration of the award-winning NBA 2K franchise. In this role, you will work closely with other artists and team members to create the most astonishingly lifelike basketball players ever seen in a video game. You will not only recreate outstanding likenesses, but you will also build a variety of costumes, accessories, and hairstyles that enable players to customize and create their own one-of-a-kind celebrity NBA player.
NBA 2K is an exciting game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working on ground breaking technology. We are committed to building the most diverse team possible, so while a list of qualifications is provided below, please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Create photo realistic real-time heads and game clothing models including UVs and textures
- Attend team meetings, feeling enabled to have your voice heard
- Insert art asset integration into game engine
- Work alongside and in collaboration with the Tech Art team, and character leadership throughout the production process
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience in modeling for games or films
- Experienced knowledge of Maya and Photoshop
- Ability to produce photorealistic models and textures
- Experience working with scan data
- Experience with Substance Painter (Substance Designer is a plus)
- Portfolio of work demonstrating strong proficiency as a clothing artist.
- Ability to collaborate productively with others
- Ability and curiosity about learning new concepts and techniques, keeping up with the latest technology, workflow tips and tools
- Can work to specification and to schedule, in an existing pipeline, and equally work with minimal instruction if needed
- Proficient knowledge of the anatomy
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com