WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
As a Senior Concept Artist at 31st Union, you'll have a significant role in shaping the visual direction for the project. You are a strong and seasoned designer with excellent conceptual art skills and sensibilities. You will be collaborating directly with the character development team and key stakeholders and visual designers to set the look and feel for our project. You will work proactively with others in all visual art disciplines to help provide visual solutions that supports gameplay, narrative, and art direction needs. We love games that play well and look great; together we will set the stage for a rich and stunning world filled with diverse characters and environments.
- Collaborate closely with character development team and key stakeholders to conceptualize, design, iterate on a range of assets to bring our characters to life
- Conceptualize stylized designs to best represent game design intent that supports the overall vision for the project. Ability to draw to style and in multiple views with a heavy emphasis on character development. Other responsibilities may include weapons, props, vehicles, storyboards, and environment art.
- Develop character designs with artistic sensibilities that also balances game design, narrative, and technical boundaries.
- Prioritize, plan, organize, and execute on conceptual art output, working with development partners, game designer(s), and other visual art departments to best deliver and execute to the project's creative vision
- Concept, iterate, and produce visual assets for all stages of development from pre-viz sketches and paintings to polished marketing materials
- Work with the art department to establish and craft clear style guides that speaks to the art direction and provide clear instructional guides for the art team to use as resources
- Identify and implement best practices, workflows and pipelines that pushes the quality bar for character focused conceptual designs
- Mentor and help fellow artists grow artistically and professionally
- Improve on personal and professional knowledge
- Expert knowledge on character costume designs and character development
- Ability to showcase polished stylized character illustrations and clearly demonstrate strong drawing and painting abilities that translates well into 3D models
- High knowledge of human anatomy and ability to create character designs in different styles
- Extensive character design focused portfolio with awesome inspirational and informative drawings and paintings
- Online portfolio is a must. Portfolios should show stylization range with awesome inspirational character designs. Please include development sketches in additional to more refined, polished, and fully realized character designs
Who you are:
- Strong stylized character designer who can demonstrates great artistic sensibilities to create artwork to inspire and to inform the direction for our project
- Ability to take direction and engage in constructive brainstorming with the team
- Strong traditional art experience with the ability to create assets from sketches to more polished marketing pieces
- Ability to work in and explore concepts in 2D and 3D
- Excellent eye for anatomy, color, composition, and overall design skills
- Awareness of current trends in visual communication and how best to adapt those trends into an interactive game experience
- Ability to work with industry standard 2D graphics applications (e.g. Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects etc.)
- Plus, if you have experience working in game engines (e.g. UNREAL, Unity, and other propriety or commercial engines), design tool-sets and production pipelines
- Ability to leverage 3D applications (e.g. Maya, 3DS Max etc.).
- Perforce and Jira experience
- Passion for games!
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: