At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin, San Jose, Vancouver and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Budapest studio is seeking an experienced UI / UX artist for a full-time role contributing to NBA 2K, one of the world's most beloved video games.
NBA 2K is an exciting and challenging game with a diverse set of features and requirements. You will grow and develop in many different areas, learning from a highly skilled team while working with ground breaking technology. We are committed to building the most diverse team possible, so please do not hesitate to apply if you don’t meet 100% of the qualifications.
What You Will Do:
- Implement premade visual designs into our game engine using Maya and internal assembly tools
- Join other UI designers to bounce ideas off and offer a fresh perspective
- Collaborate internationally, particularly with your teammates in Novato, California
- Craft UI elements with an emphasis in modularity. Organized and detailed
- Work closely with team of UI Artists, programmers, and game designers
- Help problem solve technical hurdles of tools and improve our pipelines
- Work autonomously, completing various art projects for game implementation
- Adapt and work in our proprietary tools and engine
Who Will Be a Great Fit:
- 3+ years of experience as an UI Artist within the video games industry or equivalent field
- Proficient in Maya, Adobe Photoshop, and Illustrator
- Technically capable of solving your way through proprietary tools
- We are looking for someone who can be autonomous and pro-active
- An eye for attractive design and texture creation
- A strong work ethic is essential – willing to go above and beyond to meet a deadline and create outstanding work
- Strong communication skills and a high attention to detail
- Ability to work with a high degree of self-direction
Along with your application, please submit a portfolio of professional or personal work samples, demonstrating successful understanding and application of industry standard practices
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com