Cloud Chamber is looking for a temporary or contract Senior Writer to join our talented Narrative team to bring the world of BioShock to life once again. Under the supervision of the Lead Writer, and collaborating closely with the Narrative and Design teams, our Senior Writer will craft memorable narrative arcs, write dialogue, and breathe life into our characters. Experience in writing for games, with a particular aptitude for managing the nuances of interactive storytelling, would be ideal for this role. We’re hoping to find someone who can weave impactful, character-driven stories in an open-world setting.
- Assist in the creation and execution of the core story including the writing of dialogue and other narrative elements as directed.
- Brainstorm primary and secondary mission content with design. Represent the narrative department and its pillars during those conversations.
- Own and drive specific areas of narrative content. Create and maintain all related documentation.
- Collaborate with the design team in both the design and implementation of narrative content/briefs using game tools.
- Represent the game's narrative vision to other departments during brainstorm sessions, reviews, and other meetings as necessary.
- Provide meaningful and valid feedback to the narrative team and design during play sessions.
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree OR relevant experience
- Five or more years of experience in the video game industry.
- A credit as a writer or narrative designer on at least two shipped projects
- Deep understanding and knowledge of story logic, plotting, and the intersection of game and narrative design.
- Must take direction well and be able to write within the established voice/tone of the project.
- Strong writing skills, particularly in dialog and screen writing.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills.
- Collaborative, flexible and empathetic.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks, set priorities and problem solve.
Writing samples and completion of a short writing exercise will be required in order to interview for this role.
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.