JOB TITLE: Developer Support Engineer
LOCATION: Novato, US
REPORTS TO: Lead Systems Engineer
What We Need:
Hangar 13 employs proprietary technology in building award winning games. Our developers encounter a wide variety of problems, which require quick thinking as well as in-depth analysis. This is where you step in, working to help them solve these problems with curiosity, flexibility, and positivity. In return, you will be constantly learning about cutting edge tech and infrastructure and get to help nurture some of the most exciting games in development today! We welcome junior and senior levels of experience.
What You Will Do:
- Investigate, research, debug, and solve incidents, interacting with multi-discipline developers and engineers as needed to do so
- Own and Maintain an internal knowledge platform (similar to Stack Overflow)
- Collaborate with your colleagues to continually improve processes and ensure team success
- Maintain excellent relations between the Engine and Tools teams and other departments
- Contribute to the Hangar 13 documentation and other resource materials
What we are looking for:
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills
- Passion and determination to solve pipeline and workflow problems
- Good technical knowledge around computer and OS architecture
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Able to manage your own time effectively, set priorities and work outcome-focused
Nice to have:
- Scripting and/or programming limited experience
- Familiarity interacting with Build Systems
- Knowledge of Perforce
- QA background
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes south of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13’s Novato location has found its home within 2K’s headquarters in Northern California. Situated in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air Force base hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team within invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and explore famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the gorgeous coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional setting conducive to Hangar 13’s inclusive and creatively diverse work environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access to vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets, great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a 15-minute walk from the nearest SMART station.