Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios are responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers, and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California, and is a wholly-owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
2K is looking for a hardworking and self-motivated Manager to work cross-functionally with Franchise Brand teams, Analytics, Growth, Creative, and Performance Marketing to develop a deeper understanding of our gaming audience through data-driven insights and market research. You will focus on collecting consumer data through both primary and secondary sources, analyzing consumer segments, and identifying the needs and wants of our gamers. Ultimately, you will partner across 2K to prioritize our target audiences, optimize our marketing strategy, and advise game development to better align with audience needs and behaviors.
The Manager of Global Marketing Insights is a new role and will be based in Novato, California and report to the Director of Global Marketing Insights.
What You Will Do:
- Analyze consumer segments and data and drive consumer journey optimization to follow through between marketing insights and actions
- Partner with internal and external research teams to identify, summarize, and communicate consumer trends in the gaming industry that will affect marketing teams
- Work collaboratively with our Brand and Performance Marketing, Growth, Analytics, and Creative teams to gather an audience and campaign data to analyze consumer data and optimize marketing strategies and budgets
- Collate, coordinate and analyze all relevant marketing and business data to figure out has and has not worked in historical marketing campaigns
- Analyze internal 2K customer data to develop the estimated size of potential consumer segments and find opportunities for improved targeting and conversion
- Build and distribute presentations, reports, and/or dashboards that summarize the development and ongoing optimization of budgets in a clear and detailed manner
- Partner with Analytics to understand the relationship between different campaign factors/attributes and sales to support marketing budget decisions and recommend test scenarios to drive business growth and innovation in marketing
- Identify optimization opportunities across marketing channels and work closely with marketing managers and agency partners to implement these opportunities
- Develop hypotheses of how and why marketing investment tactics impact sales, CPA, and ultimately marketing budgets
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
You have a strategic mind, knowledge of consumer marketing metrics and standards, and comfort in working collaboratively to drive sophisticated marketing tactics and analyses. You should be able to independently form and communicate hypotheses and feel comfortable taking ownership to partner with teams in pursuit of answers. Solution-oriented, creative problem solvers and self-starters with passion and enthusiasm for driving results tend to succeed at 2K!
- B.A. or B.S. in Marketing or Business Analytics, Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, Engineering Sciences, or related disciplines
- 3+ years of professional experience in management consulting, marketing or consumer insights, growth marketing, business strategy, or marketing analytics
- Shown analytical skills; ability to analyze raw data, draw conclusions, and develop practical recommendations
- Proven track record to break down sophisticated analyses into communicable conclusions that can be shared with diverse partner groups
- Comfort working autonomously; a “self-starter”
- Ability to develop strong, open, and collaborative working relationships by gaining trust to optimally manage and deliver against expectations
- Aptitude to define solutions that will generate measurable results via a detailed knowledge of the principles of marketing
- Strong Excel skills including pivot tables, VLOOKUP, etc.
- Highly developed ability to respectfully challenge the status quo
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need a reasonable accommodation.