Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
2K Security is looking for a Security Operations Analyst who can contribute to the operation of a geographically distributed and diverse global Security Operations program. You will need expertise with enterprise security tools like SIEM, next-gen firewalls, vulnerability scanning solutions and security automation/orchestration.
What You Will Do:
- Monitor, track, and analyze networks/systems for potential security violations and respond to all such incidents.
- Develop correlation rules, tuning policies, automation and application logic for Security
- Act as subject matter expert for information security events and/or incidents.
- Ensure security event SLA’s are met.
- Report security trends and/or problems to management.
- Participate in on-call rotation for security incidents.
- Research emerging threats that apply to 2K and the gaming industry in general.
- Participate in security root cause analysis and follow-up.
- Identify and suggest process improvements for Security Operations.
- Understand and apply existing playbooks.
- Modify & maintain playbooks under the direction of Security Operations leadership
- Engage in threat hunting exercises under the direction of Security Operations leadership!
Who We Think Will Be a Great Fit:
The ideal candidate will have recent experience within a SOC or Security Operations team.
They will have a passion for security and an innate sense of curiosity driving them to not just respond to alerts or security events but to seek to fully understand them. They will have good written and verbal communication skills and be able to communicate with people in offices around the globe.
- 3+ years of Information Security experience in a hands-on Analyst/Engineer role.
- Previous experience with creating, tuning and monitoring SIEM systems.
- Experience with next generation firewalls, anti-virus, intrusion detection systems, vulnerability scanning solutions and other security tools found in large enterprise network environments.
- Practical knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems.
- Working understanding of network technologies (TCP/IP, PCAP’s, etc).
- Knowledge of standard frameworks for incident handling e.g. NIST 800-61.
- Ability to participate in on-call rotations and work off hours as needed.
- Displays a passion for developing themselves and fellow team members.
- Experience with SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation, and Response) platforms.
- Previous experience with using Splunk, or the ELK Stack.
- Willing to travel occasionally
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.