Graphics Programmer (UE4)
Firaxis Games is seeking a talented and inspired graphics programmer to join its team. The ideal candidate would have experience in real-time graphics fields and several shipped games. If robust HDR display support, advanced screen-space reflections, ambient occlusion, volumetric fog and virtual texturing excite you, please apply now.
- Contribute significantly to the visual fidelity and efficient rendering of our cross-platform title
- Extend current graphics-related systems and tools to fit requirements of our game
- Maintain a good knowledge of the engine and tools pipeline to facilitate communication and enable identification of issues pertaining to the production or use of the graphics pipeline.
- Clearly communicate updates and concerns to their manager.
- Actively maintain skill-set and knowledge base by keeping track of the latest innovations from the industry
- Strong C++ programming and debugging experience
- Excellent 3D math skills
- Self-motivated and passionate about computer graphics
- Thorough understanding of basic graphics techniques such as lighting, shadow mapping, light mapping, anti-aliasing, skinning, etc.
- Knowledge of shading languages such as HLSL, GLSL or Metal Shading Language
- Capable of conveying a range of complex technical issues to both programmers and other less technical team members
- Understanding of complex relationship between written code and its execution on underlying hardware
- 3+ years industry experience
- Ability to optimize code (memory/speed) to maximize the capabilities of each platform including multi-threading.
- Ability to profile and optimize GPU code
- In-depth knowledge of, and ability to improve upon, modern rendering techniques
- Able and motivated to work with other team members
- Experience with Unreal Engine 4
- Experience with current console systems a plus
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use Firaxis.com or 2K.com accounts.