Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
2K has been a major console, PC, and mobile game publisher for many decades and is known for bringing outstanding IP to the market. As our games get bigger and more complex, we are growing our analytics group. We’re looking for a skilled and passionate analytics expert to head up the mobile analytics team. This person will have direct experience crunching data and translating that information into digestible reports, giving measurable data and insights to our development and marketing teams. This role will be leading a team of data scientists and business analysts who will be responsible for data science, marketing analytics, business analytics, and forecasting and will be collaborating with the VP of Data and Analytics.
What You Will Do
- Collaborate with development and marketing teams to collect, organize, and analyze all historical data related to game quality, as the game moves through its development phases
- Analyze gameplay and economy telemetry data to understand how feature, content, and balance adjustments are impacting overall player experience, before and after the product launches
- Analyze game and player data to establish customer segmentation models for each product to help prioritize and customize game features and content
- Use predictive modeling to establish behavior patterns that assist with player churn prediction and fraud management
- Collaborate with the other members of the analytics team to bring the gameplay and marketing data together. Build predictive models for customer segmentation and campaign optimization.
- Work with each production and marketing team to help resolve data to serve their needs and resolve the best methodology for meeting those needs
- Work with the finance and sales teams to build and implement a meticulous methodology to forecast digital sales and build P&L models
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Experience in analytics and data science with very large, complex, and multifaceted data sets
- Previous experience of leading analysts and data scientists
- In-depth experience with sophisticated database mining tools, such as Tableau, R and with extensive SQL skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with a consistent record of working across all levels of the organization
- B.A. or B.S. in Mathematics, Statistics, Economics, Computer Science, and/or Engineering Sciences – Master’s Degree a plus
- Video & Mobile games industry experience is strongly preferred
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.