Firaxis Games, creator of acclaimed franchises; Sid Meier’s Civilization, XCOM: Enemy Unknown and XCOM 2 as well as home of legendary game designer, Sid Meier is looking to hire an experienced, top-tier, outsourcing producer to work with our creative talent and become an integral part of the team!
As an Outsourcing Producer at Firaxis, you will be a member of our outsourcing team responsible for developing and maintaining processes and pipelines in support of external and internal developers. We seek the ultimate multi-tasker and team builder to manage designated areas of the creative production process, interact with the publisher and coordinate external partners.
Some specific responsibilities include:
- Develop, maintain, and manage professional relationships with outsource partners.
- Manage outsource projects in a timely and professional manner for creative leads to ensure high production value and to keep projects on schedule and budget.
- Interface with Creative Leads and Art Outsourcing manager to ensure project creative goals are being communicated and achieved.
- Work with our publisher and internal Firaxis team to ensure project milestones, QA and localization content specification needs are communicated and achieved.
- Work with discipline Leads to determine resources necessary to complete projects.
- Work with internal team and external contractors to create and manage best outsourcing practices, establish effective tools and pipelines for asset tracking and manage contractual obligations/expectations on deliveries and deadlines.
- Identify and remove development roadblocks and bottlenecks.
- Be an integral part of delivering a top-quality game on time and on budget.
- 3+ years of experience working in production where you have managed cross-functional teams/outsourcing groups in the delivery and support of content.
- Proficiency with project management and version control software tools such as Hansoft/ JIRA and Perforce.
- A demonstrated understanding of various Production methodologies.
- Experience and knowledge of content and audio pipelines and dependencies.
- Solid understanding of game development processes, limitations, dependencies and trends.
- Task driven, self-motivated, and proactive.
- Works well under deadline pressure.
- Prior experience working with co-development teams/external vendors.
- Passion for strategy games, Civilization and XCOM titles.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use Firaxis.com or 2K.com accounts.