Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
This role is part of the 2K Commercial Operations team that is responsible for its P&L, business strategy, and operations globally. We partner across the organization through influence and relationships to orchestrate a unified, effective, and scalable effort. We are seeking a highly-skilled senior business analyst who excels at developing effective analytical models and frameworks. To optimize business decision-making, collecting data directly from company data sources (i.e., SQL, Tableau), and effectively collaborating and communicating across all major functions to improve business performance.
What You Will Do
- Use Microsoft Excel to build product or sales forecasts, user growth models, user engagement models, and additional analytical projects
- Build, modify and maintain SQL queries within Snowflake (and other tools) to analyze player behaviors
- Build Tableau dashboards and reports for use by team members across Commercial Operations, Marketing, Sales, Analytics, Data Sciences, Partnerships, Product Development, and more
- Develop and report critical metrics, models, and analyses for game insights and rally teams to recommended actions
- Partner with data science colleagues to prioritize, develop and demonstrate sophisticated machine learning models
- Write goals to optimize business results, improving decision making, and enhancing the customer experience (user, gameplay, systems, monetization, telemetry)
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Experienced and hands-on with Excel, SQL, and Tableau
- Experience with analytics for physical and digital products and services
- Comfortable in the discovery and production phases of a project and scaling stage of business operations to drive growth
- Superb communication skills, with a proven track record of working across all levels of the organization and personality types
- Experience packaging and presenting your analysis, conclusions, and recommendations to executives and senior leaders
- Video games industry experience and/or a strong passion for gaming
- Knowledge and/or application of Statistics and Machine Learning
- Management Consulting or Investment Banking experience
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.