Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
ABOUT THE TEAM: NETWORK OPERATIONS
The Core Technology group is responsible for identifying common problems across the company and building solutions to those problems. We fill our team with individuals who enjoy a challenge, enjoy working in a fast-paced environment, and want to take ownership and responsibility for products. If you are passionate about working in the game industry and implementing cool features for our game products, come join our team.
The 2K Network Operations team is responsible for the deployment, operations, and troubleshooting of our production and enterprise networks to support our studios and online games. Team is closely cooperating with various infrastructure and development teams.
WHAT WE NEED
We are looking for a Network Engineer to join the team that is implementing and maintaining the 2K network from the Internet edge, core and security layer up to users connections. Our networks need to be scalable, and enable systems agility, while providing our hundreds of thousands of fans with the most stable platform. We work with other infrastructure and engineering teams to ensure new products and features have scalable architectures and will provide the performance our customers require.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Ensuring that our existing network is running at its peak
- Providing support to customers who are experiencing network related issues
- Responding to and troubleshooting alerts as well as participating in our on-call rotation
- Rolling out new network infrastructure to our various locations remotely around the world
- Optimizing our automation and monitoring systems
WHO WE THINK WILL BE A GREAT FIT
You are willing to work in a fast-paced and groundbreaking environment with other highly skilled professionals, and anxious to grow and develop skills that will help make 2K the best gaming company in the world.
- CCNP/JNCIP certification or equivalent knowledge and experience
- In depth troubleshooting skill in multi vendor environment - Juniper, Arista
- Advanced knowledge of routing protocols, and network threat detection & remediation
- Advanced knowledge of switching and wireless technologies and protocols
- Advanced knowledge of next generation firewall systems - Palo Alto
- Advanced knowledge of Data Centre infrastructure - Arista CVP
- Familiarity with networking in major cloud providers
- Exposure to network automation NETCONF/YAML, Ansible
- Arista CVP, ZTP
- In depth knowledge of VXLAN/EVPN for Arista
- Advanced knowledge of DDOS protection and mitigation - Arbor APS and TMS
- Knowledge of scripting languages Python/Perl for automation
- Knowledge of F5 load balancers including AFM
- General knowledge of virtualization platforms
- Knowledge of Windows and Linux based operating systems
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.