At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
Do you believe video games are art? Do you love game art in every form, from crazy detailed 3D sculpts to concept art, texture sheets, character models, UI graphics and icons, props, weapons, clothing, costumes and customized parts and pieces of every kind? Can you build exceptional relationships with production artists, contributing to an environment where they do their very best work? Are you experienced with the artistic tools of the trade, from Photoshop to Maya to various specialized or bespoke tools of production? Do you take pride in a beautiful end-product, knowing you ran interference for other creators, managed dependencies, removed road blocks, and helped your team focus on the highest-impact work? If this sounds pretty great to you, we have an amazing job we hope you’ll consider.
Our Agoura Hills studio is looking for Senior Art Producer to work with our art and outsourcing teams to create exceptional characters, environments, props, visual effects and UI for the next iteration of WWE2K. You’ll work in close partnership with the Art Director and Creative Director to manage the production of game character art, documenting requirements, improving pipelines and workflows, measuring production velocity, and forecasting progress. You’ll integrate outsourcing, 3D scanning, internal artists and technical art into high-end visuals that establish a new state-of-the-art for our franchise. You’ll work across disciplines to advocate for the art team in feature and tool development to help ensure our amazing artists have everything they need to make the next iteration of WWE2K the most visually striking wrestling game ever.
What You Will Do:
- Build exceptional relationships with your team of artists, producers and stakeholders
- Work with the Art Director to prioritize, plan and coordinate art production
- Develop processes for efficient review, feedback and approval
- Coordinate with other disciplines on tools, rendering and lighting to deliver the best possible in-game result
- Measure velocity, forecast progress, and participate in team-wide scheduling and scoping
- Anticipate and resolve challenges, remove road blocks and dependencies
- As needed, document technical requirements and workflows; establish best practices
- Act as an advocate for artists, art quality, and artistic achievement in the end product
- Five or more years of game production experience
- One or more shipped games with significant scope of ownership in art production
- Expert written and verbal communication
- Strong understanding of video game art production pipelines
- Familiarity with Maya, Photoshop, and other tools of the trade
- Strong artistic eye, and passion for quality
- Experience with Jira, ShotGrid, or other asset/issue management suite
- Bachelor of Arts or equivalent experience
- Background in Environment, Character or Character Tech Art
- Project management training in Scrum or other agile framework
- Enthusiasm for WWE, sports, and sports entertainment
- Familiarity with Confluence, Jira, Test Track Pro, Excel, Google Drive and ShotGrid
To learn more about Visual Concepts and our studio locations, check out our website at www.vcentertainment.com
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use vcentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.