Who We Are
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices, and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM, and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
The Distributed Development Team is the best-in-class group for 2K that works on all projects across our studios! We’ve developed meaningful and multifaceted expertise in video games through leading all aspects of production vendor relationships and maintaining strong communication to ensure our game teams achieve their distributed development needs. The Outsourcing Producer is charged with driving this process to run efficiently between these teams and our external partners globally, supervising projects from concept to ship!
- Builds and maintains trusted business relationships with our existing outsourcing partners and independent contractors.
- Works in partnership with internal game teams to identify, assess and engage with the most suitable vendors.
- Networks with outsourcing vendors around the world to keep up with new emerging talent and services on offer for our studios and projects.
- Partners with our internal legal affairs team to negotiate and define contractual terms for engagement.
- Responsible for efficient vendor onboarding whilst adhering to 2K internal policies and procedures.
- Responsible for ensuring all external partner invoices are settled in accordance with contractual terms.
- Prepares audits and reports on monthly outsourcing activity.
- Manages the process ensuring our internal partner database is current and is capable of supporting forthcoming needs.
- Identifies and communicates industry trends, opportunities, and risks for the group.
- 3+ years proven experience with a passion and drive pertaining to the development of outsourcing requirements, the production process, and creative management in games.
- 2+ years partnering with independent contractors, outsourcing teams, and co-development studios.
- We partner together as a team and look for those who can work with us to negotiate outsourcing and development rates and contracts.
- Be an innovative partner in a highly collaborative group that strives to set each other up for success.
- Contract negotiation and the ability to build long-term partnerships with external partners.
- Experience applying due diligence with an understanding of security, IT, legal, financial, intellectual property, technical, and creative processes.
- Experience working with game creatives and production teams, and associated tools, technology, and terminology used for outsourcing.
- Can operate optimally day-to-day with consideration for longer-term goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written skills with an encouraging, disciplined, and flexible approach to the process.
- Provides guidance and helps mentor less senior team members on a day-to-day basis.
- Must have a passion for games and be open to occasional international travel when vital.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.