Who We Are:
In the past 10 years, 2K has established a rich heritage for publishing some of the biggest franchises in gaming. This includes blockbuster titles such as NBA 2K, Borderlands, Bioshock, WWE 2K, Civilization, XCOM, and more. During that time, we’ve been fortunate enough to build a passionate and driven fan base who are eager to engage with our brands on a deeper level.
What We Need
Do you want to build unforgettable engagement with our beloved fans, and help foster word of mouth for our games far beyond the universe of our own channels? Do you love understanding the human truths of our fans, to truly understand what makes them tick, what drives them to engage? Do you drive your tactical ideas with data, creative resourcefulness, and a little bit of guts and heart? This is our team culture. If that’s you, then the rest below will apply!
Our label is looking for an Associate SM Manager to help execute the global social media strategy for games from Firaxis Studio and assist the 2K Core Games social team in general. Under the direction of the Global Social Media Manager, you will collaborate on developing and executing the social campaign and channel-specific strategies for major platforms such as Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, Twitch, where our content and engagement tactics will resonate best. You will collaborate on the development of creative content that excites, educates, and engages our growing international audience of players from conceptualization to publication and measurement.
This is a meaningful and multifaceted role with growth potential that will require high levels of collaboration with the Core Games social team, and communication across multiple partners between Brand, PR, Influencer, Community, and Studio!
What You Will Do
- Help execute the global social media strategy for games from Firaxis Studios and assist the 2K Core Games social team where needed. Drive tactics to attract new fans, retention, and engagement from owned and earned channels, balancing global brand objectives with local territory considerations.
- Execute day-to-day global social activities and channel engagement, working with internal cross-functional teams and Firaxis Studio. Run the social channels for the owned properties you’ll help manage.
- Collaborate on creative briefs and coordinate their way through the asset production and approval processes.
- Supervise and analyze content performance and social sentiment, using data tools and insights to advise decisions. Proactively recommend improvements to the strategic plans, advance potential issues, and offer solutions to assist with problems.
- Establish and advocate for owned and earned channel standard methodologies including content strategy and optimization as well as platform usage.
- Maintain an ongoing content calendar for owned social channels providing visibility and transparency to global partners.
- Help compile regular social-related metric reports at primary campaign beats or crisis management, as well as advising on our content performance.
- Keep a constant finger on the pulse of social media trends in our industry, entertainment, consumer products, and sports that can encourage and drive our initiatives.
Who We Believe Will Be A Great Fit
We are looking for someone who desires to grow into a social content strategist at heart, extremely passionate about content marketing and engagement and is truly hungry for this craft. They should be a passionate gamer who is plugged into internet culture. This person should be creative-minded and able to tell engaging stories through social content. They should be independent, proactive, and always ideating ways to improve what we do to drive engagement and retention while having the skillset to logistically execute ideas and effectively collaborate. Of course, we’d prefer you have an affinity for the genre of games from Firaxis Studios and know their legacy.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field.
- Minimum 2 years of social media or community management experience in consumer products, gaming, entertainment, sports, or industry with relatable social media experience.
- Familiar with enterprise social publishing tools such as Sprinklr, Sprout Social, or Social Bakers, and listening platforms Synthesio, Talkwalker, Spiketrap, Netbase, etc. Including a general understanding of social media data and analyzing either on platform, Google Analytics, or related.
- A social media enthusiast with experience crafting engaging tactics for communities, and practical knowledge of, social media platforms including Instagram, Twitter, TikTok, Facebook, YouTube, etc. as well as community platforms like Discord, and Reddit.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; ideally in a variety of mediums including long-form and social media. Previous editorial experience is a plus.
- Great project management skills, highly organized, and very capable of managing multiple projects.
- A solid understanding of/passion for video games and pop culture is essential.
- And really, please always be a beacon of what’s awesome in social media land.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform crucial job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.