Do you love creating new worlds, inspiring your team, and tackling challenging assignments head on? Cloud Chamber is looking for a Senior Concept Artist who can concentrate the majority of their efforts on characters, but is also flexible enough to work on props and environments. Our dream would be to find someone who is zealous about designing characters and creatures in an open world game setting, who also likes to dabble in props and environments. Some may call this a “generalist”, but we think an artist who can do all of this is an “exceptionalist”.
Work with various teams within the studio as needed to create concept work for the next BioShock game.
- Brainstorm ideas for gameplay locations with Design and Art teams
- Sketch explorative thumbnails in 2D and 3D
- Paint detailed character, creature, environmental and prop concepts
- Draw fast and detailed line art designs
- Provide feedback and paintovers
- Storyboard creation
- Creation of marketing art and assets
- Mentor other artists
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
We are looking for a talented artist with traditional drawing and painting skills who can work effortlessly within a digital world. An artist who loves to collaborate, who relishes in sharing ideas and inspiration would flourish within Cloud Chamber’s collaborative atmosphere.
- Degree in Fine Art and/or Digital Art, or related work experience
- 3+ years of experience in games, television, or film
- Ability to quickly iterate on ideas visually
- Ability to take direction with aplomb, and iterate on given feedback
- Self-motivated toward solving creative problems
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our passion and love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you! Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com email accounts.