Who We Are
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, CatDaddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need
We’re looking for the next superstar Producer that can help our hardworking stable of developers achieve their vision! We need someone that is self-motivated, highly organized, and possess strong leadership and team-building skills. As a Producer, you’ll be responsible for multiple projects, working with both internal and external teams on some of the coolest new products around. You’ll need to drive each team to a specific set of goals, track and lead progress, remove roadblocks and ultimately be responsible and held accountable for shipping high-quality products.
What You Will Do
- Partner with extraordinary development teams in both internal and external studios
- Lead multiple projects simultaneously at different stages of development from concept to completion
- Oversee, lead and collaborate closely with internal and external resources to meet production schedules and maintain a coherent creative vision throughout the entire development life cycle
- Establish development priorities and landmarks on a per-project basis
- Develop product budgets and schedules and lead forecasts of the budget, anticipating, identifying, and resolving overruns
- Lead the testing process with QA teams
- Lead and act to prevent potential conflicts between internal and external expectations for projects
- Assist with coordinating game release process with internal groups
- Assist with identifying the key products to acquire or license to support the company business goals
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Experience building and being a great partner with vendors and other external resources
- Experience handling conflict, mitigating, and resolving risks
- Understanding of various production processes and methodologies
- Experience display resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
- Flexibility to tackle additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management
- Adept at building relationships throughout the organization
- Ability to lead to and deliver on hard product deadlines with rapid development cycles while being the guardian over product quality in all phases of game development from concept to completion
- Ability to inspire and empower those that work for them and those they workaround
- The ability to multi-task to handle a very large number of discrete tasks at once, without losing focus on any individual item
- Experience with AAA console / PC products preferred
- Knowledge of and experience with sports games is a plus
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required
- Direct management of Associate Producer(s) may be required
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, perform essential job functions, and receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request an accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.