WE ARE GAMEMAKERS
Who we are:
We are a diverse team of developers driven by a passion for our art, united by our core values and inspired by a culture of inclusivity to build amazing games that thrill players everywhere. We pursue growth and innovation in an environment of safety and trust. Our culture is built on the belief that the more varied voices in our collective will strengthen our team and our games. We are looking for our next teammate who will raise our bar and make us better.
What we need:
We’re seeking an inspired Technical Gameplay Animator to bridge the world of technical and creative. You will learn how our gameplay systems work inclusive of player and non-playable character animations, work with techart to build animation tools, and evaluate technical performance of characters. You’ll partner with concept, character and techart to make sure their ambitious characters will animate flawlessly. You will use your technical expertise to hone effects such as dynamically moving clothing and make hair ripple in the wind!
- Work with all aspects of the animation export and implementation pipeline
- Partner with Animation Engineers to improve systemic gameplay animation
- Troubleshoot and debug animation pipeline issues
- Create and implement high quality animation content in Maya
- Collaborate with design and engineering to create high performant, mind blowing systems and solutions
- Communicate with Art, Design and Engineering to better anticipate and advise on animation related technical issues.
Who you are:
You are a passionate Technical Animator who sits comfortably between the creative and technical worlds with an artistic eye and problem-solving mind. You are inspired by challenges and look for opportunities to improve systemic animation pipeline problems helping to create fluid, system efficient animations. You love collaborating with other disciplines to implement and troubleshoot animation pipelines.
- Strong creative and technical problem-solving skills
- Experience with Maya
- Understanding of game engines such as Unreal or Unity
- Expertise building animation systems such as Animation Blueprints, Mecanim, Morpheme, or comparable systems
- Experience working with motion capture and retargeting
- Strong collaboration and partnering skills with an aptitude for teaching but equally teachable
- Scripting knowledge or programming experience helpful!
SECURITY NOTICE - We have recently been made aware of increasing occurrences of bad actors posing as company HR personnel to gain information from "potential candidates", in the form of job interviews and offers. These scams can be quite sophisticated and appear legitimate.
Please know that 31st Union and 2K never uses instant messaging apps to contact prospective employees or to conduct interviews.
If you believe you have been a victim of such a scam, you may fill out a complaint form at https://complaint.ic3.gov/ and https://reportfraud.ftc.gov/ detailing as much as possible. We are taking these matters very seriously and apologize for any inconvenience.
Join our mission: Bring fun, inspiration and awe to our lives and to our community: