JOB TITLE: Live Producer
LOCATION: Brighton, UK
REPORTS TO: Director, Live Operations
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Live Producer to support a key title with our Brighton team. We seek an exceptional communicator in this teammate, with deep empathy for both players and developers, someone with a driving passion for online games and communities, who has experience supporting a global team and who cares deeply about developing a team culture with a player-first ethos.
What you will do:
- Manage live game performance and monitor the health of the game, collaborating with creative, business, community, and data science partners to cultivate an environment of hypothesis-driven development in support of KPIs and player needs
- Own the updates, content releases, patches, events and offers roadmap and the release process for the game’s live service, coordinating with producers and other leads to ensure features and content are ready for deployment
- Drive Alpha and Beta testing in support of a successful world-wide launch
- Partner with QA leads and Release Management team to ensure build integrity
- Define and manage internal and external support for live service issues to ensure positive resolutions owning and defining the escalation process
- Collaborate with Technical Directors and Infrastructure team to manage the project’s development environments
- Partner with publishing to drive excellent communications between our players and developers
- Partner with project leaders to define and drive deliverables for the entire team relative to live service needs
- Manage a roadmap and groom a backlog in Jira and assist in optimizing production process and workflows
- Be a mentor to Associate producers and provide leadership and constructive feedback when needed
- Coordinate with other production to ensure that dependencies are known and accounted. Present your teams’ successes at full team meetings and represent progress at the relevant leads and directors’ meetings.
- Travel, both domestic and international, may be required.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 4+ years’ experience in production roles on live service games, ideally PC/console
- Experience with AAA console and PC titles at all stages of development
- Experience supporting cross-discipline and cross-site development teams
- Ability to interface with and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Familiarity with the gaming market and industry trends, as they relate to game development and market research
- Familiarity with project tracking software, such as JIRA and Shotgun
- Resourceful, enthusiastic, and self-motivated – a quick learner, able to thrive while processing and adapting to change in a dynamic environment
- Highly organised and able to self-prioritize, focusing on the most important work with minimal supervision
- Ability to identify and analyze risk while providing mitigation support
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Experience working with proprietary game engines and toolsets
Experience working in startup or early-stage
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes south of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13’s Novato location has found its home within 2K’s headquarters in Northern California. Situated in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air Force base hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team within invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and explore famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the gorgeous coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional setting conducive to Hangar 13’s inclusive and creatively diverse work environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access to vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets, great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a 15-minute walk from the nearest SMART station.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com and hangar13games.com accounts.