JOB TITLE: Release Manager, Game Projects
LOCATION: Novato, CA
REPORTS TO: Lead Producer, Shared Technology
What We Need:
We are looking for an experienced Release Manager to help us define and operate a unified release process for multiple game projects at Hangar 13, in coordination with our internal Shared Technology group.
What You Will Do:
- Champion a healthy, collaborative release culture within the studio, across multiple projects
- Define and own the release process for game projects end-to-end, collaborating with Technical Directors & Producers, and the Shared Tech Release Manager to schedule predictable merges and releases
- Collaborate with 2K Games to ensure that game project releases are ready for 1st party/platform submission
- Partner with Live Producers on scheduling and logistics for player-facing releases
- Collaborate with engineering and QA to automate CI/CD processes
- Define and drive the process for creating player-facing patch notes for releases
- Coordinate with QA/Discipline Leads to ensure integrity of all releases
- Publish relevant reporting for release and merge tracking
- Embody an ethos of continual improvement, identifying inefficiencies & opportunities in the release process
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
Our ideal candidate is a detail-oriented, highly-organized team player with a strong ability to stay focused and productive when working independently and with others.
- Two years Release Management Leadership with 1st party game platform submission experience
- Experience with issue/bug tracking (JIRA preferred) and source control software (Perforce preferred)
- An understanding of branches/streams, depots, merging strategy, Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (CD/CI) pipelines
- Demonstrated team and time management skills, including excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Technical orientation and a strong understanding of game development
- Proven tolerance for a high degree of uncertainty and variability
- Ideally, you love games!
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located just 30 minutes north of San Francisco and 30 minutes south of Napa Valley wine country, Hangar 13’s Novato location has found its home within 2K’s headquarters in Northern California. Situated in Hamilton Landing inside a renovated United States Air Force base hangar, you will find our talented and passionate team within invigorating Marin County. You can walk out the door and explore famous hiking and mountain biking trails as well as the gorgeous coastline. In addition to working in an exceptional setting conducive to Hangar 13’s inclusive and creatively diverse work environment, the Bay Area also provides employees with access to vibrant nightlife, world-class cuisine, local farmers markets, great public schools, and cultural metropolitan experiences. Onsite amenities include fully equipped break areas, company sponsored food trucks and raffle prizes, new state of the art gym, subsidized fitness classes and massage therapy, electric car charging stations and much more! We are only 5 minutes off of highway 101 and a 15-minute walk.