6 Month FTC - Business Analyst
Who we are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
The Business Analyst will be instrumental in providing data, insights and analyses to help drive growth of the NBA2K franchise across EMEA. They will provide & analyze data to track game performance, work on financial modelling to underpin regional growth strategies, and assist with presenting findings and recommendations. They will report directly into the EMEA Director of Growth Strategy and will work closely with both the global Growth Strategy team and various functional teams across EMEA.
We are looking for someone who is highly analytical and detail oriented, demonstrates expertise in query development, and is familiar with analyzing & synthesizing data and reporting out findings to a number of different partners.
- Navigate and query the wide range of databases that are key to the NBA2K business
- Speak to an array of business reporting (sales, revenue, in-game telemetry, player segments, user migration, etc.) across the organization
- Prepare, verify and analyze internal and external data on game performance and opportunities
- Help build financial models, using internal and external data, to estimate the size of growth opportunities
- Create reports and presentations that summarize findings and recommendations for a broad audience
- Identify and drive process improvements that can improve efficiency and alignment on data usage across teams
- Collaborating with global Growth Strategy team and regional functional teams including marketing, sales, analytics, live services and finance
Key Skills and Requirements:
- 2-4 years of reporting and data analysis experience in a fast paced digital business (e.g. video games, e-commerce, subscription businesses, live-services and/or mobile in-app economies)
- High proficiency/expertise in SQL—ability to develop, QA, and automate queries from scratch
- Proficiency in Tableau and the aptitude to quickly learn financial and reporting software
- Experience with building models/forecasts in Excel
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant area of study (e.g. business, economics, (computer) science, mathematics.
- A knack for data quality assurance and a keen eye for when ‘the numbers don’t look right’
- High attention to detail and commitment to quality and accuracy
- Integrity in working with others and ability to successfully navigate a global organization
- Excellent communication, with experience working across various levels of the organization and personality types
- Experience working in the video games industry is not required, but familiarity with gaming is a plus
What We Offer You:
Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
Benefits. Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare with Bupa, Private dental with Bupa, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health checks with Bupa, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (60% salary), 25 days holiday, + other great perks and great office facilities!
Perks. Gym reimbursement up to £50 per month, an onsite Gym, an Office bar, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, a dog friendly workplace and the ability to earn £350+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavor to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.