Who we are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe great games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play. As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-sku titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, San Jose, Vancouver, Shanghai, Austin and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What we need:
Visual Concepts is seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our Foothill Ranch, CA studio in the development of an innovative open world driving game. This AAA title is targeted at multiple platforms. Within this role, you will be acting as a tactical Project Leader to help drive the efforts of our multi-disciplinary development team to deliver high quality features in a high profile game.
What you will do:
- Serve as the primary Admin and gatekeeper of our team’s JIRA and Confluence platforms
- Establish, integrate, use, and refine effective methodologies in a fast-paced, high-energy environment
- Work with the team’s producers to drive the project management of our internal game teams and external vendors across all subject areas throughout the project lifecycle
- Work with our multidisciplinary development teams in sprint planning, grooming, and successful delivery of interstitial milestones through delivery to market
- Assist the product owners and development team in delivering timely and robust solutions through the SDLC
- Connect with product owners and creative/engineering teams to gather information, diagnose issues, and provide timely updates to the teams and management
- Assist the production team in managing resources, budgets, and vendors
- Available to respond to critical requests during off-hours
- Create and maintain documentation
Who we think will be a great fit:
- Video game project management experience!
- At least 3 years of direct experience running sophisticated digital projects with a demonstrable record of success
- Proficiency in JIRA and Confluence as well as other modern Project Management software tools
- Proven experience crafting project plans, schedules, and presentations
- Ability to quickly become conversant in new technologies and industry lexicon
- Experience and understanding of traditional and agile project management techniques including SCRUM and Kanban
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to understand and analyze technical and creative requirements
- Highly motivated, organized, and self-disciplined
- Strong analytical skills
- Demonstrated proficiency in motivating and inspiring team members
- Excellent trainer and has experience with change management
- Strong teammate who enjoys collaborating with colleagues and working together to accomplish goals
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.