LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Technical Artist
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is in search of a Technical Artist who will be responsible for creating and maintaining Environment Art pipelines, tools and scripts, mainly related to Substance Painter.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with art and engineering to understand art requirements.
- Work with dev and tools teams to prioritize and develop tools / scripts / plugins to streamline art processes, workflows and pipelines.
- Research and prototype new techniques to improve efficiency of content production.
- Provide technical designs for new features and/or changes in engine.
- Acquire a deep understanding of engine tools and technology and explain how they work to content creators.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
Our ideal Technical Artist has both artistic and technical background that covers many disciplines. We need someone who can convert ideas into functional tools that will make life of artists better. Our Technical Artist is a clear communicator who promotes ideas about improvements of every aspect of artist life and productivity.
- 4+ years of experience in a Technical Art related field
- Knowledge of Substance Painter and Designer
- Experience with C++ and Object-Oriented programming
In order to be considered for this role, candidates will need to make a short C++ test
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy
- Familiar with Photoshop or similar SW
- Experience with 3D modelling packages like 3ds Max, Maya or Houdini
- Familiar with Perforce or other versioning SW
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere
- Excellent time management skills
- Creative problem solving skills
Other Recommended Skills:
- Basic knowledge of C# or other higher programming language.
- Knowledge of additional scripting languages: Python, Max Script, VB, …
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.