Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Bioshock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
You will be joining the 2K Commercial Operations team that is responsible for its P&L, business strategy, and operations globally. We partner across the organisation through influence and relationships to orchestrate a unified, effective, and scalable effort. At any given moment we are the supporter, leader, approver, and/or responsible party with other internal and external teams. This is a contract role based in our Dublin office which is in the heart of Dublin city. This is 80% an analyst role and 20% a strategy role with life cycle management, the emphasis and crucial part of this is the 20% strategy and life cycle management.
Please note this is a 6-month contract.
What We Need:
This position is pivotal in improving business performance using raw data and translating into meaningful business insights that impact daily business decisions. With a deep understanding of product goals the role involves skew planning to delve deep into project, content, and promotion throughout the year. Developing effective analytical models and frameworks to optimise business decision making, collecting data directly from company data sources (i.e., SQL, Tableau) and effectively collaborating and communicating across all major functions to improve business performance. The role requires an agile approach, with a high level of ability in data visualisation. You love to work in a fast-paced environment, relish working with others, are comfortable with ambiguity, and, above all else, are passionate about data and analytics.
- A structured problem-solver and decision maker.
- You take a detailed approach to executing recommendations and building cross- functional influence.
- You work very well with colleagues across functions, geographies, and skillsets to communicate a coherent strategy.
- You enjoy looking at the big picture and then translating that to specific execution that you analyse and iterate on to improve.
- You are phenomenal at telling a thoughtful story to describe and evangelise your view while welcoming and incorporating feedback from partners.
- You enjoy structuring an ambiguous and sophisticated problem and testing-and-learning from hypotheses.
- You have an analytical background and operational experience achieving results and executing growth plans in dynamic, sophisticated situations with a range of partners.
What You Will Do:
- Focus on business strategy and lifecycle management, forming a 360- degree view of our business, analysing results, and forming strategic opinions.
- You will become a go-to data specialist within Commercial Operations focusing on optimising product lifecycles for profitability, analysing and solving problems at their root, and stepping back to understand the broader context of the business.
- Work on several projects in the portfolio, forecasting product performance in the short, medium, and long term to understand current and predict future product performance.
- You will have the capability to drive appropriate action against risks and opportunities.
- Develop and report critical metrics, models, and analyses for commercial/user behaviour insights and to rally teams to recommended actions.
- Evaluate and see opportunities and challenges with game performance (user, gameplay, systems, monetization, telemetry) and build compelling summaries on how various team can use these insights to improve performance.
- Drive analyses to benchmark internal product performance and help size market opportunities for new titles.
Who We Believe Will Be A Phenomenal Fit:
- You love gaming!
- You are creative, detailed and a curious problem solver who loves using data to deliver meaningful insights..
- You bring analytical flair, are forward-thinking and seek to disprove your own hypotheses.
- You can use/adapt sophisticated analytical tools and techniques to support decision making.
- You are equally comfortable in discovery and production phases of a project and thrive in the start-up stage and scaling stage of business operations to drive growth.
- An excellent communicator you excel when working in a collaborative team environment at all levels of an organisation.
- You enjoy and excel at evangelising insights, coordinating teamwork, and persuading colleagues, peers, and leaders to action.
- You collaborate with others, are purposeful and dedicated with your energy, and raise everyone’s game around you!
- You prize team success over individual achievement.
What Skills Are Needed:
- 3+ years of professional experience in a commercial business analyst role.
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills and business judgement to model sophisticated scenarios and apply insights to strategy and planning.
- Experience presenting to C Suite executives.
- Experience or a deep interest in the Video games industry and knowledge of console and PC games.
- Knowledge and/or application of Statistics and Machine Learning is a plus.
- Have experience deploying analytics to drive decision making ideally in the context of product lifecycle management.
- Technically not a “skill”, you do need to be comfortable working 11am-7pm to enable greater connection with your US HQ