Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, Borderlands, WWE 2K, Bioshock, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
We are looking for an experienced mobile game designer to lead our vision to make our next big games! This position will work as a publisher to provide direction of game design and hold the development partners accountable for execution. The ideal candidate would have a track record of shipping multiple F2P mobile games in a designer role.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to our Director of Product Management, you will:
- Own the design vision of multiple f2p mobile games. Work with external developers to deliver the fun aspect of the games
- Hold external developers accountable for quality game design documents. Be individual contributor to write specs, one-pagers or create econ spreadsheets when necessary
- Review existing design and provide feedback on-going basis. Oversea the execution of design specs to satisfaction
- Make connection of metrics, community voice, play tests and player journey to identify problems in the game and point the team to the right direction
- Partner with external developers and product managers to define live ops roadmap throughout entire product life cycle
- Manage a team of game designers. Identify how they can contribute to the project as individual contributors on the publisher side. Make sure they deliver tasks on quality and time. Provide growth opportunities
- Create pitch decks for new games with business owners, articulate key design pillars while keeping commercialization in mind
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 5+ years of experience as a lead designer or above across multiple stages of development (concept to launch to live service)
- Hyper experience in mechanical design, system design, economy design and live ops
- Have transferable knowledge of game design across genres and motif, e.g. RPG, Strategy; Fantasy, Si-fi, Sports etc
- Very strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Has a data-driven mindset when it comes to retention, engagement and monetization.
- A good team player with excellent communication and presentation skills. Experience working with external partners and executive presentations
- Possess the ability to model complex systems in Excel or other tools.
- Knowledge of theories of gameplay systems and up to date understanding of the mobile gaming space
- Proficient in building wireframes, GDDs, and feature specifications. Adept at using tools or software for designing games.
Preferred / Bonus Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in game design
- Track record of shipping top 10 grossing f2p mobile games in various phases
- Great eye on visual delivery of the game design
- Knowledge and love for the 2K franchise and IPs - from sports to strategy
Location: Remote (West coast time zone) or Novato, CA