BioShock, Borderlands, Battleborn, Civilization, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, XCOM… and the list is growing. Since 2K began 13 years ago, we’ve been creating games that we are proud of, and are excited to play ourselves. It’s because of the support of our fans that we are able to innovate, explore new worlds and new ways to tell stories. If we’re being 100 percent honest, a lot of us were fans before we started working here.
As one of the most recognized and talented technology companies in the world today, we strive to hire team members who are customer centric, motivated and who have experiences that bring new perspectives to the company. We seek the best talent and provide experiences to foster a fun and engaging atmosphere. We are looking for team members that are not afraid to learn as well as work hard, while having fun at the same time. We offer an extensive benefits package for full-time employees that includes medical, dental, vision, 401k and ESPP.
As part of the QA Team, this role will be responsible for leading a team of localization testers in executing test plans on pre-release versions of software to detect and record product defects. Reports to a QA Manager or Director.
This position does require bilingual language skills with English and one of the following: French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese or Portuguese.
- Oversee product quality: supervise the various stages of testing on each project; manage team projects to ensure that each has gone through at least two complete cycles of testing (all test cases executed) for final release testing milestones. Develop test plans and documentation. Ensure that all bugs marked resolved were resolved correctly.
- Manage projects’ progress: assess personnel, skill sets, amount and type of work to be completed, and timetables in order to provide frequent reports and documentation to QA Management, Producers and Developers.
- Supervise staff (Senior Testers and 10-30 Testers, some potentially acting as Pod Leaders): interview, hire, train, evaluate performance, and when necessary, discipline employees; establish and manage work schedules, mentor team leaders and provide guidance to them regarding task allocation to Testers.
- Manage production of all testing deliverables including: daily reports, weekly status reports, test cases, test plans, bug tracking reports, final release certification report, RTM checklists, and post-mortem reports.
- Support Producers and/or Developers: setup and run bug triages (bug reviews) and provide all necessary documentation. Lead discussions regarding the status of the bugs and the game in testing phase and collaborate on prioritization of remaining issues to ensure these are addressed and resolved.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Must be fluent, reading/writing, in one of the following languages: French, German, Italian, Korean, Japanese, Russian, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Simplified Chinese or Portuguese.
- Advanced Database skills.
- Has demonstrated that they understand and live by the departments’ core values.
- Consistently provides a positive role-model to testers within the department.
- Previous experience leading or supervising a localization or QA Team
- Good understanding of the translation and localization process
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English, in both written and oral forms.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum age of 18 years and above.
- PC hardware literate.
- Well-developed interpersonal and communication skills.
- Reliable with the ability to work in a team environment.
- Attention to detail and positive personality.
- Ability to sit for long periods of time and occasionally lift up to 20 lbs.
- Passion for games and the gaming industry
- Familiarity with the QA process
- Experience with relevant tools such as Zendesk, Google Analytics, Confluence, Jira, TTP, and all gaming platforms
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.