Who we are
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13 and Cat Daddy Games. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise*. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2K.com.
We are looking for a skilled and passionate analyst to join us in the growing global 2K Analytics group, with a focus on the Asia region with the remit to influence at a global level.
Whilst this person will report to a manager in London, their immediate team will include colleagues based around the globe – the UK, USA and Ireland – providing a broader perspective on trends and insights.
Our team work closely with 2K’s regional marketing, finance, commercial, and sales teams, understanding and delivering against their analytical needs. We’re able to do this by leveraging the power of our multi-dimensional datasets, which include, but are not limited to, gameplay, behavioural, financial and marketing data.
By working alongside a variety of departments, we have the advantage of being able to see the whole picture, and to make connections that others may not have been able to see by fusing data with business knowledge.
The right candidate will harness all of this powerful data to improve our understanding of the business and its drivers on a regional and territory-level to inform our business strategy, tactics and outcomes. Success in this role means making analytics relevant and impactful for our Asia stakeholders.
You are a structured problem-solver and data-driven decision maker. You work very well with colleagues across functions, geographies, and skillsets to contribute to some larger goals. You love to tell a thoughtful story from data and insight, with clear “so what’s” while seeking and incorporating feedback from stakeholders. You enjoy working out how to structure ambiguous and complex problems
- Analysing gameplay and sales data to extract compelling and actionable business insights and communicate your findings and recommendations with various stakeholders .
- To support the region with advice on the structuring, running and measurement of test and learn trials to maximise insight and – ultimately - revenue. These will be focussed on retail led promotions and marketing activity to drive profitable new & returning players, and you’ll be responsible for creating the analysis that allows us to compare what happened vs. what would have happened.
- To act as a conduit between the regions and the central teams, sharing best practice from one to another and keeping the wider analytical community aware of challenges and opportunities that are region specific.
- Understand data science model outputs. Evangelize data- and model-based decision making.
- Establishing and distributing regular performance reports and dashboards.
- Build relationships across geographies, functions, and levels to embrace new ways of working and leverage existing ones.
Key Skills and Requirements:
- 2+ experience in fast-paced, dynamic, consumer-focused technology companies.
- 2+ years of experience with business and strategic analytics, and/or FP&A.
- Comfortable in using SQL to extract data from large databases (Snowflake experience would be a plus).
- Familiarity with other analytical packages, such as R, Python, Knime, etc.
- Familiarity with ML algorithms and model building is desirable.
- Good analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to pull out the key stories in your analysis and present them in a digestible way.
- Familiarity with visualisation tools & libraries, eg. Tableau, PowerBI, ggplot, etc
- Demonstrable experience in an optimisation environment (e.g. CRM, web optimisation, etc) and ability to design and evaluate tests.
- Comfortable with working reasonably independently (reflecting the multi-time-zone nature of the wider team).
- Video games industry experience is a plus.