2K Montreal is looking for a talented storyboard & previs artist to tackle the challenge of interactive storytelling for our upcoming Cinematic Team. As a storyboard & previs artist at 2K Montreal you will work with the Cinematic Director and a talented cross-discipline team to create clear and compelling storyboards for all cinematics in game. You need a deep understanding of visual storytelling, character performance and interactive media is a must.
- Create key storyboard scenes following the direction laid out by the Cinematic Director and the script.
- Take ownership and pitch supporting storyboard scenes based on the script.
- Maintain consistent quality, camera angles, timing, posing and style throughout the game’s storyboards.
- Pitch storyboards to the cinematic team.
- Collaborate and communicate clearly with cinematic, art and design teams.
- Consistently deliver for all cinematic milestones.
- Edit storyboards into story reels, and work with editorial team to build animatics
- Collaborate with the cinematic team to previsualize cinematics in the Unreal engine
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
- 2 to 3 years of experience as a storyboard artist in the video game industry or film industry. Video game industry experience preferred.
- Ability to work digitally and follow internal procedures (file naming, storage, etc)
- Ability to quickly produce quality storyboards.
- Willingness to follow direction and collaborate with the different departments related to cinematics.
- Deep understanding of timing, movement, editing, camera direction and actor performance.
- Understand and can talk cinematic vocabulary
- Ability to work in Unreal environment
- Strong interest in video games and interactive media.
- Strong life drawing and posing skills.
- Strong staging and composition skills.
- Acts like a leader and does not wait to be told what to do
- Great note-taking abilities
***A portfolio required is required to be considered for this role***
ABOUT 2K GAMES
2K Games develops and publishes top-line PC, console, and handheld entertainment software with a strong concentration in three distinct categories: sports, high profile licenses and specialty products. 2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises in the world including Borderlands, BioShock, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, PGA 2K, XCOM, and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
At 2K Games our goal is simple: Make games that are the best in the genre and have fun doing it. Owned by Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO), 2K Games is a successful, stable company that produces high-quality titles every year.
So what does 2K Games have to offer? How about great salaries, full medical and dental benefits, group RRSP plan, and a fun work environment. 2K Games believes everyone plays a significant role in the development process, meaning all team members contribute their ideas and are important to the success of the games we develop. 2K Games is located in Montreal, QC, Canada with a superb modern downtown office. That's right - you can make great games, be central to all that the city has to offer and soak up culture in one of the world’s most beautiful cities all at the same time!
Join our team today!
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.