Job Title: Motion Capture Post-Production Manager (Montreal)
Who we are: Hello! We are 2K Mocap - a lean, efficient workhorse that produces motion capture, audio, and video assets for our developers and clients. We take great pride in our ability to capture, clean, solve, retarget, and deliver truly remarkable amounts of data at the highest quality. We love the art and technology of motion capture and have a lot of fun combined with a true team spirit.
We foster an environment based on honesty, integrity, and the ability to pick one another up. Succeeding together is the source of our strength.
What we need: Do you love complex problem solving? Would you enjoy managing a team of highly skilled motion capture professionals to create the best animation data possible? We want you to lead by example, having a hands-on approach to our mocap post-production. We want you to inspire your team with your work ethic, the outstanding quality of your motion capture post work, and the depth of your knowledge.
Your primary responsibility will be managing the post-production process, including all motion capture, audio, and video assets, shot on our state-of-the-art mocap stages. You will be responsible for overseeing your team’s efforts, from receiving data from our stages, through processing and solving, and on to final delivery. You will also be responsible for custom data requests such as camera lens data and EDL file cutting.
You will also work closely with our California based post-production and tech teams, ensuring an efficient and effective post pipeline that hands off high quality data to our development partners.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Inspire, motivate, and direct the motion capture post team through their daily efforts
- Coordinate with the California motion capture team, ensuring smooth operation and timely data delivery
- Communicate with the development partners to ensure their motion capture needs are being met
- Innovate, iterate, and improve efficiency of the post-production pipeline
- Delegate and schedule tasks for the mocap post team
- Help shape the future of the mocap post pipeline along with the California post manager
Who we think will be a great fit: You have a wealth of motion capture experience and practical knowledge. You are adept at motion capture post-production including, cleaning, solving, and retargeting across multiple applications, including Vicon Shogun, Optitrack Motive, Autodesk MotionBuilder and Maya.
You stay cool under pressure and have a calming effect on your team during crisis. You truly enjoy motion capture and are constantly driven to improve both your understanding of the medium and investigate the next big leap forward in technology.
You have great communication skills, are receptive to critique, and can yourself provide insightful feedback. You are great when faced with critical pipeline problem solving. Appreciation for professional and constructive debate is necessary.
Being able to motivate your team and boost morale through a demanding shoot schedule and heavy data load is also necessary.
Any additional skills, such as other programming languages or a character animation background, we consider a definite plus.
- 5+ years motion capture industry experience
- 3+ years management experience
- B.F.A., B.A., or B.S. in 3D Animation, Motion Capture, or related field
- Mastery of Optitrack Motive or Vicon Shogun with an emphasis on Post-Production
- Fully proficient with Python, SQL, and scripting languages (HSL, MEL)
- Fully proficient with Autodesk Motionbuilder and Maya