HB Studios is a driving force in the creation of sports video games and the studio behind PGA TOUR 2K Golf. We have an opportunity for a Technical QA Tester to join our team of developers, creators, and fans, who are passionate about the art and process involved in video game development.
As a Technical QA Tester, you are responsible for the tools and automated tests used by the QA team to ensure the quality of the game.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Build and maintain automated tests.
- Build, document, and maintain tools for the QA team.
- Understand and improve the automated test coverage of the game.
- Work with the QA team to identify areas where tools or processes could be improved.
- Help build and maintain the testing infrastructure used by the development team.
- Create and execute a variety of quality test plans including automation outlines and data collection.
- Identify and escalate QA risks to the QA Lead at all stages of development.
- Contribute to the testing strategies and highlight potential issues before they occur.
- Work closely with other departments to ensure new features can be automatically tested.
- Assist with manual testing and bug regressions when required.
- Reports to the QA Lead.
Essential Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Successfully shipped at least 3 titles (1 must be multi-platform)
- Experience testing applications on multiple platforms including (but not limited to) PC, Mac, Mobile, Console, VR/AR, Web Based applications, Simulators, etc.
- Ability to write, modify, and debug scripts used in automated testing and QA tools.
- Ability to maintain hardware and software used for automated testing.
- Strong knowledge of basic and advanced QA testing tools.
- Familiarity with 1st party requirements and guidelines.
- Skilled at communication, teamwork, and problem-solving.
- Reliable, productive, flexible, and takes initiative.
If you are interested in joining HB Studios, please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org (Attention: Human Resources).