Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K Games is a global video game company, publishing titles developed by some of the most influential game development studios in the world. Our studios responsible for developing 2K’s portfolio of world-class games across multiple platforms, include Visual Concepts, Firaxis, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy, Cloud Chamber, and HB Studios. Our portfolio of titles is expanding due to our global strategic plan, building and acquiring exciting studios whose content continues to inspire all of us! 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including sports, shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, casual, and family entertainment.
Our team of engineers, marketers, artists, writers, data scientists, producers, thinkers and doers, are the professional publishing stewards of our growing library of critically-acclaimed franchises such as NBA 2K, Battleborn, BioShock, Borderlands, The Darkness, Mafia, Sid Meier’s Civilization, WWE 2K, and XCOM.
At 2K, we pride ourselves on creating an inclusive work environment, which means encouraging our teams to Come as You Are and do your best work! We are dedicated to diversity and inclusion, and want our community of candidates to reflect this commitment. We encourage all qualified applicants to explore our global positions.
2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
What We Need:
We are looking for a Game Designer to join our Mobile Team! This position will work with external development studios to launch and run critically-acclaimed IPs. The ideal candidate would have experience working in mid-core F2P mobile games, creating and reviewing game design documents, create and balance data for games, study game analytics, and be able to work well and influence external Game Designers.
What You Will Do:
- Review existing systems and designs across a portfolio of live products to identify areas of improvement and provide design solutions
- Create and/or review game design documents and provide feedback and direction to external development teams, ensuring that the designs meet business objectives
- Use qualitative and quantitative data to identify problems evaluate trade-offs and prioritize design solutions to be implemented into the live products
- Collaborate with Product Managers to prioritize feature development and create LiveOps schedule
- Increase transparency of design work from external teams by providing documentation around content releases
- Fill in design gaps when needed, including doing individual game balancing as necessary
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- 3-4 years of experience as a Game Designer across multiple stages of product development (from concept to live service)
- Experience in mid-core and sports titles is a plus; passion for these categories is required
- Ability to understand and analyze KPIs, identify areas for improvements, propose solutions, and work with the team to turn the solutions into live products
- Self-starter with proven ability to work both independently - with minimal direction - and in a team setting with other Game Designers
- Ability to influence external game designers and navigate design conflict
- Flexibility about working/meeting hours as timezones of external development studios may vary
- Track record of shipping top 10 grossing F2P mobile games in various phases is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, statistics, mathematics, or game design
- Ability to creatively translate IP into game system themes and concepts
- Ability to contribute/discuss IP Narratives and Fiction as it relates to game features and LiveOps
- Knowledge and love for the 2K franchise and IPs
Location: Remote or Novato, CA
As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to ensuring that qualified individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform their essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us if you need reasonable accommodation.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never uses instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews and when emailing, only use 2K.com accounts.