Who We Are:
2K publishes some of the most popular video game franchises on the planet, including Borderlands, BioShock, Mafia, NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Evolve, XCOM, and Sid Meier's Civilization.
A career at 2K Publishing is about being part of a passionate team working on some of the most creatively rewarding and ambitious projects to be found in any entertainment medium. You would be welcomed to a dedicated and inclusive environment where you can learn and collaborate with some of the most talented people in the industry.
What We Need:
We’re seeking a talented and passionate copywriter to join our in-house Creative Services team, focusing on 2K’s Sports titles, such as NBA2K, WWE2K, and PGA2K. You would work on all things related to these franchises, ranging from taglines to social posts and everything in between.
Additionally, we’re looking for someone who’s passionate about games and gaming culture, with a strong knowledge of 2K’s core titles and a deep understanding of current gaming culture and fandom.
What You Will Do:
- Work in collaboration with Sports Brand Marketing and the creative studio to perform and fulfill a wide variety of copy needs.
- Create content for our brands’ social media channels.
- Create customer-facing marketing content across multiple digital channels that results. in effective and exciting communication.
- Follow brand guidelines and maintain a clear brand tone of voice.
- Ensure product, technical, and factual accuracy, and cultural relevance.
- Deliver work of a consistent creative quality level.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure timely delivery.
- Leverage glossaries and style guides to ensure brand alignment.
- Work collaboratively with a global production team at 2K.
- Keep own product and brand knowledge up to date.
- Proactively contribute feedback and ideas for process improvements.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Impeccable writing skills and ability to develop innovative creative work that’s in-line with the overall brand strategy.
- Meticulous attention to detail, combined with the ability to digest the brief and focus only on the details that matter, so that the resulting copy is clear and simple.
- Ability to work independently but also able to create good rapport with other team members and clients, across multiple timezones.
- Proven ability to manage and organize multiple tasks and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong desire to make cool stuff, write copy worth reading, and actually connect with fans
- Strong problem-solving skills and an ability to adapt and manage an evolving environment where change is often around the corner.
- Degree or equivalent.
- Minimum 4+ years copywriting experience OR awesome portfolio.