Who we are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
The Production team at 2K is looking for an Associate Producer that will develop assigned segments of software products or for entire software products, from concept to release and for potentially leading the production efforts on smaller projects under the supervision of a 2K Producer or Senior Producer.
- Assist multiple projects simultaneously at different stages of development from concept to completion
- Assist Producers with overseeing and managing internal and/or external resources to meet production schedules and maintain a coherent creative vision throughout the entire development life cycle
- Work closely with Producers to develop product budgets and schedules
- Assist with ensuring adherence to project schedules and budgets
- Assist Producers in the direction of large, strategic products
- Assist the Producers with managing the testing process with internal QA teams
- Assist with coordinating game release process with internal groups
- Collect, organize and manage material sets for distribution to various internal and external parties
- Coordinate and assist with marketing, sales, focus testing, outsourcing and other external parties
- Travel, both domestic and international, will be required
- Direct management of Production Assistant(s) may be required
Key Skills and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2+ years experience in internal or external game development
- Previous experience in project management and production
- Experience with AAA titles preferred
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with first person shooters a plus
- Ability to interface with all levels of the organization
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written), time and project management skills
- Familiarity with the gaming market and industry trends, as they relate to game development and market research
- Adept at the use of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to conduct themselves in a professional manner with all co-workers
- Must display resourcefulness, enthusiasm, and self-motivation
- Quick learner, able to pick up new tools and technologies and learn new processes quickly while pro-actively seeking out training as needed
- Flexibility to take on additional responsibilities, as assigned by senior management
- Strong problem solving skills
- Adept at building relationships throughout the organization
What We Offer You:
- Great Company Culture. We pride ourselves as being one of the most creative and innovative places to work, creativity, innovation, efficiency, diversity and philanthropy are among the core tenets of our organization and are integral drivers of our continued success.
- Growth: As a global entertainment company, we pride ourselves on creating environments where employees are encouraged to be themselves, inquisitive, collaborative and to grow within and around the company.
- Work Hard, Play Hard. Our employees’ bond, blow-off steam, and flex some creative muscles – through corporate boot camp classes, our onsite Gym, company parties, our Office bar, game release events, monthly socials, and team challenges.
- Benefits. Benefits include, but are not limited to Private healthcare with Bupa, Private dental with Bupa, A double matching pension policy where the employer will double match up to a 4% contribution from the employee, Employee stock purchase scheme with a 15% discount, Eye tests and vouchers towards glasses, Cycle to work scheme, Flu vouchers, Annual health checks with Bupa, 4X death in service insurance, Income protection (60% salary), 25 days holiday, + other great perks and great office facilities!
- Perks. Gym reimbursement up to £50 per month, an onsite Gym, an Office bar, employee discount programs, free games & events, stocked pantries, a dog friendly workplace and the ability to earn £350+ per year for taking care of yourself and more!
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment. The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, 2K Marin, 2K Czech, Hangar 13, Cat Daddy Games and 2K China. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise. 2K is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2k.com
2K is an equal opportunities employer and as such will endeavor to provide reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process where required. We invite candidates to notify us should they wish to discuss any reasonable adjustments.