Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13 and Cat Daddy Games. 2K’s stable of high-quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise*. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2K.com.
What We Need:
Reporting to the Korea Marketing Manager, the Social Media and Influencer Senior Executive will be responsible force-development, promotion and implementation of Social Media & Influencer plans for multi-format videogame releases in the Korea market, devising and facilitating relevant content across a network of key Influencers/content creators, as well as delivering content for owned, earned and paid-for Social Media channels.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Co-plan and develop the Social Media & Influencer strategy for multi-format videogame releases in the Korea with Korea Manager
- Execute the Social Media & Influencer plans and tactics
- Co-develop strategies tailored to the local Korea market, which stay in line with overall business strategies and goals.
- Ensure that Social Media & Influencer timelines, budgets, milestones, and deliverables meet the required product deadlines.
- Build, maintain and leverage relationships with key Influencers/content creators (bloggers, YouTubers, Streamers, etc.). Keep already on-boarded Influencer partners engaged with 2K franchises, involving them in content tailored to their style and channels.
- Discover new up and coming Influencer partners and gaming talent for future partnerships with 2K franchises.
- Plan, develop and execute community events and initiatives. This should include bolted on activity at 2K pre-planned Marketing/PR events, dedicated Influencer/Community events and third-party events/exhibitions where we can gain stage presence (e.g. Gstar) etc.
- Devise and create content and communication materials for local Social Media channels. This could include the creation of original content, localisation of Globally created content and the sourcing & repurposing of content from 2K’s relevant communities.
- Analyse and evaluate Social Media and Influencer campaign performance through regular quantitative and qualitative reporting and KPI assessments.
- Forge close relationships with relevant local partners that have meaningful social and/or community scale (e.g. Key retailers, 1st parties etc.) to ensure all 2K franchises and relevant content are leveraged through their owned channels.
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with external communications and influencer agencies, promotional agencies, first parties, retail and licensing partners.
- Be a product ambassador: endorse 2K and 2K titles at meetings, briefings, conferences, industry events, interviews, articles and media blasts, maintaining a positive outlook with creators and partners at all times both at formal occasions and informally.
- Work cross-functionally with Asia Lead and Sales Teams to ensure the social media and influencer plans, marketing/media plans and PR plans are linked effectively, complement each other and deliver a full owned, earned and paid channel mix.
- Perform other duties as required by the Korea Marketing Manager such as budget management, Comms/PR, etc.
Key to success in this role:
- At least 2 years’ experience working in social media, community or influencer management, or a similar role, ideally within the games industry
- Excellent understanding of the Social Media and Influencer landscape. including Local social channels; Kakao Talk, Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, YouTube, Twitch, Steam, Forums, blogs, etc.
- Excellent understanding of gaming community including Naver café and game webzines
- A good contact book of established and up and coming Korea Influencer talent – specialist and mainstream – and a solid understanding of the local media and new media landscape.
- Affinity with video games and a good knowledge of the entertainment industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills are fundamentally crucial.
- A passion for Social Media, communities and creative flair is a must, as are strong negotiation and influencing skills at all levels.
- A dedication to professionalism including self-presentation, time keeping, strong work ethic and a desire to continually self-improve and be innovative.
- Previous experience of line management responsibility is preferable, or demonstration of required leadership skills such as facilitation, openness, negotiation, fairness, integrity, respect and confidence.
- Experience of management of external agencies and suppliers is beneficial