Associate Marketing Manager, Japan
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Irrational Games, 2K Marin, Cat Daddy Games and. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise*. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2K.com.
Reporting to the Senior Marketing Manager in Japan, the Associate Marketing Manager will be responsible for :
- Develop a comprehensive marketing and communications strategies, and tactics for assigned 2K titles as a title lead, manage and execute all marketing, advertising and promotional activities with local agencies and internal stakeholders.
- Conceptualize, plan, execute, and evaluate integrated marketing communications campaigns from announcement through to product launch and lifecycle management. Through assessment of consumer preference, including market analysis, set positioning, creative strategy, advertising, media planning, pricing, digital marketing and promotion.
- Assist and support the Senior Marketing Manager & Marketing Manager in the planning and execution Marketing, PR and Social campaigns and events for all 2K titles.
- Manage relationship with media agency in developing, executing and evaluating advertising campaigns with a focus but not limit to digital and social placement.
- Liaison with media owners and journalists, to build a strong relationship with set goal of achieving better PR coverage, reviews and media support. Identify opportunities for media coverage in core, general consumer and business markets. Cultivate relationships with key members of the trade and consumer media to garner press placements
- Manage the marketing budget and update monthly forecast for assigned 2K titles.
- Assist in the logistics for events and press tours including setting up game demo to press, consumers and partners as required.
- Responsible for Writing, editing and translating media materials such as press releases, asset packs and trailer scripts from English to Japanese. Review Japanese translation provided by the agency before submission. Translate event presentation and interviews and provide feedback on key campaigns to the global team in English.
- Responsible for the Marketing/PR/Social assets management and approval process – download, save, and disseminate assets. Submit edited/adapted assets to the Asia lead for approval prior to marketing/PR/social use.
- Support and mentor the marketing assistant.
Keys to success in this role:
- More than 5 years of experience in the marketing, PR and/or Social industry in FMCG, gaming, entertainment marketing or consumer lifestyle brands.
- Basic gaming skills – able to set up game system and play game.
- Native Japanese skill in order to create and localize marketing assets
- Fluent English skill to be able to translate materials and communicate with global team.
- A strong team player, eye for detail and willingness to learn and roll up their sleeves to get the job done.
- A passion for video games, and also interest in sports, especially in NBA and WWE, will be preferred.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced culture with strong ability to multi-task whilst working with varied timelines/deadlines
- Self-motivated, independent and a flexible, can-do attitude
- Professional and mature attitude with a strong desire to succeed
- Desired skills: Photoshop, Illustrator, Premiere, Powerpoint, Excel, Word