Who We Are:
The Communications team manages all public relations and influencer marketing for 2K titles. We are a team of talented storytellers, passionate video game players and communications professionals dedicated to raising awareness and driving purchase intent for our slate of fantastic games. We challenge ourselves to create fresh strategies, and leverage our deep relationships with influencers, consumer media and enthusiast press to tell compelling brand stories.
What We Need:
An experienced influencer marketing professional to develop, execute, and lead global campaign planning and execution across 2K’s burgeoning portfolio of mobile and free-to-play games. The ideal candidate lives and breathes influencer relations and has experience working with gaming influencers, as well as lifestyle and celebrity influencers across YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram, and other relevant platforms. The ideal candidate is also intimately knowledgeable with modern mobile and free-to-play game economies on iOS, Android, PC and Console, and has experience creating and executing influencer marketing activations that drive measurable and attributable user-acquisition.
What You Will Do:
- Reporting to the Director of Global Influencer Marketing based in Novato, California, you will serve as the primary global strategist and project manager for mobile and free-to-play influencer marketing campaigns worldwide – creating strategies, setting measurable objectives, driving tactical execution, and reporting ROI.
- Serve as primary internal subject matter expert for the influencer discipline within the mobile and free-to-play business unit, providing on-going guidance and direction as needed to all of 2K’s local market teams worldwide.
- Review and approve go-to-market plans, ideas and ad-hoc requests from territory social/influencer managers as needed.
- Once global campaign strategies are established, drive tactical execution worldwide as a core part of a cross-discipline marketing and communications team, and leveraging agency support where appropriate.
- Partner with legal, finance, commercial and web teams to drive 2K’s influencer affiliate marketing program (IAM) for the company’s slate of mobile and free-to-play games.
- Build, maintain, and grow mutually beneficial long-term relationships with influencers and leverage those relationships in support of product go-to-market plans and on-going lifecycle management efforts.
- Monitor and analyze performance metrics for 2K’s influencer marketing campaigns and owned channel activations. Leverage insights and audience feedback to improve 2K’s influencer marketing programs.
- Manage and drive all external vendors supporting 2K’s influencer marketing efforts, including but not limited to influencer marketing agencies, talent agencies and freelance contributors. Accurately maintain all budgets and oversee execution of agency work and prioritization of projects.
- Collaborate with Social Media and Community Manager colleagues as needed to provide compelling influencer-led content that will engage fans on our brands’ social media channels.
- Have a willingness to complete any other reasonable activity required by the Director of Influencer Marketing or the Communications team.
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
2K is looking for an influencer marketing professional with experience launching mobile and free-to-play video games, managing ongoing lifecycle management, and a personal passion for the 4x strategy, card battler, turn-based tactics, and RPG genres. They have a service-oriented mindset and are seasoned project managers capable of motivating, directing, and holding teams accountable for delivering against global campaign plans. They have a long list of established relationships within the gaming and lifestyle influencer space and are experienced in leveraging those relationships in both a paid and earned capacity to drive demonstrable results that meet measurable objectives. They have experience with (or at least a strong interest in) taking a data-driven approach to their influencer marketing strategy. They are versed in and have experience working with social and content platforms like YouTube, Twitch, Facebook, TikTok, Instagram and Twitter, and have collaborated closely with public relations and social media professionals in the past.
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, public relations, communications, or a related area of study.
- A minimum of 7+ years of influencer marketing work experience on mobile (iOS and Android) and/or free-to-play games (PC and Console). PR/marketing agency experience and strong knowledge of the videogames industry is strongly preferred.
- A demonstrated track record of developing well-reasoned, strategic plans specifically for mobile and F2P games, and managing them to completion within scope and budget and achieving set goals.
- Strong passion for videogames, especially 4x strategy, card battler, turn-based tactics and RPG genres.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal, and written and verbal communications skills. Ability to build strong, lasting professional relationships with internal partner groups and individuals.
- Ability to anticipate necessary next actions and accept responsibility for moving projects toward completion.
- Strong PC skills, expert knowledge of Twitch/YouTube/Facebook and each platform’s unique features. Familiarity with social listening, video analytics, and influencer marketing tools like Spiketrap, Synthesio, Tubular, StreamHatchet, and CreatorIQ is strongly preferred.