JOB TITLE: Technical Artist – Shaders
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Technical Artist
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Artist to help create and maintain set of environment, character and other shaders. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with the finest talent working in game development today.
Job Responsibilities Will Include:
- Work with Engineering to understand technical requirements and limitations of engine and hardware and expectations.
- Work with Art, Design, VFX and Animation to understand content needs of the game.
- Work with content creators and engineers to create real-time shaders for advanced inhouse game engine.
- Create visually stunning effects and behaviors for interactive assets.
- Assist with render performance profiling, identify problems and optimizations.
- 2+ years of experience in a Technical Art related field.
- At least one released title on current console generation (XB1 or PS4), preferably AAA.
- Strong knowledge of HLSL.
- Knowledge of current real-time render techniques.
- High level of understanding material authoring for physically based rendering pipelines.
- Experience with other inhouse or public shader editor.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy.
- Knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Up-to-date knowledge of “next-gen” game art currently leading in the market
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development.
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
Other Recommended Skills:
- Experience in VFX and dynamics
- Experience with Unreal material editor. Example shaders would be appreciated.
- Knowledge of linear algebra.
- Knowledge of scripting languages: Python, MaxScript, Java Script, VB
- Knowledge of Houdini or other similar software.
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is the internal 2K development studio behind the award-winning Mafia III. The studio is comprised of industry veterans drawn from a diverse range of studios, who have collectively shipped hundreds of titles across a wide variety of genres. Though we hail from all over the world, and our backgrounds are wildly different, one thing binds us all together – the belief that “Every Player’s Story is Unique.”
Hangar 13 is based in four locations: Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), Novato (California), and Brighton (UK).
We work collaboratively across our 4 locations to develop games as one global team. Each of our locations provides the opportunity to work on big-budget, AAA console in a diverse and inclusive environment!
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.