Who We Are:
2K Games Dublin is a hub passionate about performance marketing, commercial strategy, data engineering and data science/analytics and is part of the 2K Games group of companies. 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, BioShock, Borderlands, Evolve, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
Who Are The Team:
2K is looking for a hardworking and skillful machine learning scientist to join a rapidly growing team at the groundbreaking edge of creativity in the central Data & Analytics Organization. This team brings AI, machine learning, statistics, operations research, and economics to the design, operation, and optimization of 2K’s games. This covers the application of algorithmic solutions to areas such as matchmaking, in-game experience personalization, in-game economy, content, and fraud.
What We Are Looking For:
- The ideal candidate will have phenomenal technical breadth over machine learning and statistics or depth in one or more sub fields, experience with deployment and productizing machine learning models, track record of owning and delivering on end-to-end machine learning workflows.
- Being a solution oriented, creative problem solver; a self-starter with the passion and enthusiasm to get results for meaningful change, meet deadlines, and build whatever is vital along the way is needed for this role.
What You Will Do:
- Research, implement, and deploy machine learning algorithms to impact in-game experiences.
- Work closely with game development, LiveOps, tech, and data engineering teams to apply machine learning and AI solutions to problems in the captivating world of video gaming.
- Use quantitative models and optimization techniques to support decisions in game design, content release, and LiveOps.
- Collaborate with engineers on integrating machine learning solutions to the products.
What Skills Are Needed:
- Master Degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, Computer Science, Operations Research, Industrial Engineering, Electrical Engineering.
- 4 + years of proven ability in machine learning, data science, or applied scientist roles.
- Proficient in machine learning, either Traditional ML or Deep Learning, preferably both.
- Proficient in programming languages popular for data science such as Python, R, Scala. (at least one).
- Intimate proven understanding of machine learning modeling/computation frameworks such as scikit-learn, PyTorch, Tensorflow, Spark ML.
- Proficient in relational database and SQL. Experience with Big Data technologies such as Apache Spark, NoSQL databases.
- Proven track record to work independently, rapidly prototyping and testing new insights.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to present, explain, and articulate technical works to technical colleagues as well as non-technical audience.
- Technically not a "skill", but, you are comfortable with working hours 10am-6:30pm enabling greater connection with our US HQ.
What Skills Are Nice To Have:
- Experience with topics such as matchmaking, recommender systems, simulations, or reinforcement learning.
- Experience with cloud services such as AWS. Knowledge in containerization, container orchestration, serverless, and model serving.
- Experience in the video gaming industry, or familiarity with video games!