Who We Are:
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices, and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. We are proud to publish and support many of today’s most critically acclaimed gaming franchises, including NBA 2K, PGA TOUR 2K, WWE 2K, Borderlands, BioShock, XCOM and Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
2K Data and Analytics team is seeking a creative, experienced, self-motivated Data Governance Manager to enable the company to leverage data as a strategic asset and drive growth through the responsible management and use of data.
As a Data Governance Lead, you will drive the vision, priorities and plans for the data governance program. You will need to build effective relationships cross-functionally to reach our data governance objectives through creative problem-solving. Using your project management skills you will manage the pipeline of ideas taking a holistic perspective, seeing how all the moving parts should tie together, and systemize it into a functioning program. Additionally, you will bring your analytical capabilities to drive business recommendations and support strategic initiatives.
What You Will Do:
Reporting to the Director of Business Intelligence and Data Governance, you will be joining a team of Data Engineers and Data Analysts, working closely with multiple departments to assist in the execution of data governance policy standards by providing support to all data and analytics stakeholders.
The role will be varied, supporting the Business Intelligence team in driving forward the data catalog and business glossary, as well as supporting the business in triaging and resolving issues in data quality, timeliness, accessibility, and availability to both clients and internal data consumers.
Day to day activities will include:
- Provide business and systems analysis expertise to BI and Data Engineering where required on our core metadata platform.
- Lead the process of issue identification and resolution through management of project portfolio and project lifecycle.
- Identify opportunities and processes to ensure data meets the following characteristics, including but not limited to: accuracy, validity, reliability, timeliness, relevance and completeness.
- Transform and cleanse data sets to fit project requirements and downstream integrations.
- Ensure that data governance documentation, such as the business glossary and data catalogs, are always up to date, and propose and implement enhancements where appropriate.
- Liaise with the Data Governance Council, ensuring synchronization between sister companies.
- Identify risks associated with the lineage of the data with respect to data governance best practices.
- Provide training and support to business analysts with the maintenance of the Data Dictionary, data quality requirements, and data governance processes.
- Act as an ambassador for data governance across the 2K organization.
- Keep up with changes in the industry and work with peers and colleagues within 2K to ensure an appropriate framework is in place to meet future needs.
- 4+ years of professional experience with data or information governance
- BA/BS degree
- Proficient to strong using SQL and SQL-like query languages
- Experience using Tableau, Power BI, or similar tools
- Experience working in data management and an understanding of data governance practices
- Good understanding of data governance-enabling technologies
- Project or program management experience including the use of project management tools
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with others and to navigate complex decision points
- Ability to tailor your communication for different audiences and ensure effective collaboration between geographically dispersed groups of developers, stakeholders, and leadership
- "Can do" attitude with a strong desire to improve and make things happen
- Technically not a "skill", but you are comfortable with working hours 10am-6:30pm enabling greater connection with our US HQ