Who We Are:
Founded in 2005, 2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
The 2K label has some of the most talented development studios in the world today, including Firaxis Games, Visual Concepts, Hangar 13 and Cat Daddy Games. 2K’s stable of high quality titles includes the critically acclaimed BioShock®, Borderlands™ and XCOM® franchises, the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization series, the popular WWE 2K franchise and NBA 2K, the #1 rated and #1 selling basketball franchise*. 2K is headquartered in Novato, California and is a wholly owned label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO). For more information, please visit www.2K.com.
Commercial guide for the NBA franchise in Asia, reporting to US-based Senior Director, Growth Strategy
- Refine global commercial strategies to account for local nuances in Asia, optimizing revenue growth for the franchise.
- Partner with Marketing, Finance, Product Development (PD), Legal, and other key stakeholders to develop high-impact, customer-friendly commercial strategies for the NBA series.
- Guide strategic planning and commercial prototyping for innovating existing business models and exploring new potential business models and opportunities.
- Identify key trends and opportunities throughout the user funnel, including sales, engagement, retention, and monetization. You will be comfortable both in executing the global strategy and feeding the Asia-specific strategy back into the international Growth Strategy team
- Partner with PD and Analytics teams to develop compelling, comprehensive franchise-level live services strategies covering in-game stores, limited-time modes and events, objectives systems, and personalized communications.
- Partner with Performance Marketing, Social, CRM, and Brand to develop, execute, and optimize out-of-game engagement and retention tactics across social media, influencer, email, and other channels.
- Partner and collaborate with regional teams to identify optimization opportunities to leverage locally relevant content, promotions, and events to enhance user engagement, retention, and monetization.
- Manage and guide work-flow prioritization for the team's planners, strategists, and analysts to maximize impact and ensure timeliness of deliverables.
- Exceed sales and revenue budgets and meet or exceed sales and revenue stretch targets by driving incremental engagement, retention, and monetization optimization via feature/content/events planning and execution.
- Maximize user acquisition throughout each title's lifecycle through optimized complete game promotion roadmaps and 1P subscription offerings.
- Maximize annual franchise game sales and installs through effective migration upsell strategies.
- Maximize global user engagement, retention, and monetization by optimizing existing features, content planning, and live events and collaborating on the development of new features/content/events.
- Manage incremental regional user engagement, retention, and monetization via compelling and rewarding region-specific promotions and events.
- Maintain organizational visibility and alignment on product and content performance, new/potential optimization opportunities, execution efficacy, and forward-looking feature prioritization.
Essential Qualities & Experience:
- Excellent influence, persuasion, and communication skills, the experience of high-level negotiations. Able to navigate the organization and critical stakeholders with good emotional intelligence and a sense of collaboration.
- Strong analytical, quantitative skills, and business judgment to use data to model sophisticated scenarios and apply insights to strategy and planning.
- Experience in creating partnerships and establishing business development agendas to optimize revenues and ensure 2K are tapping into the Asia market most efficiently.
- Accountable and action-orientated in approach.
- Appreciation of the need for interdependency: the ability to work with others at all business levels