Who We Are
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming systems, and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets, which are delivered through physical retail, digital download, online platforms, and cloud streaming services. 2K publishes titles in today’s most popular gaming genres, including shooters, action, role-playing, strategy, sports, casual, and family entertainment.
2K Mocap is looking for a hard-working Generalist Artist to join our scanning and processing team. We work closely with developers and artists to capture 3D scan data. We operate an innovative system for capturing facial data for a range of AAA titles and are always looking for ways to test and implement new technology. We foster a professional environment based on integrity, teamwork, constructive motivation, efficiency, and problem-solving.
What We Need
Our Petaluma, CA studio is seeking a Generalist Artist to join our development efforts on exciting new games! Within this role, you will use your broad skills in multiple art fields in-game art creation and development and collaborate with a hard-working team to create AAA assets from 3D scans.
What You Will Do
- Build and deliver 2D and 3D art assets for characters and props, using Maya, ZBrush, Mudbox, Agisoft, Wrap, and Photoshop
- Collaborate with design and art teams to achieve graphical quality goals
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit
- 1-3 years of professional 3D artist experience, preferably in video game art creation and development
- Proficiency with 3D modeling software, working with low/high-poly assets and texturing
- Solid foundation of art skills and principles - shape, form, color, lighting, perspective
- Ability to take direction and feedback well and collaborate with peers
- Knowledge of crafting tools with python
- Experience in photogrammetry or 3D scanning technologies