Who We Are:
At Visual Concepts, we believe outstanding games are made by diverse and empowered teams with a shared passion for play! As one of the world’s top game development studios, we have shipped over 100 multi-SKU titles to critical acclaim and commercial success. Our teams are independent and entrepreneurial. Our studios in Agoura Hills, Novato, Orange County, Budapest, Shanghai, Austin and Seoul are committed to artistry and technical innovation, offering top candidates the opportunity to learn and grow with some of the smartest and most creative minds in the industry.
What We Need:
Our Austin studio is looking for a Principal Engineer to chip in on the next iteration of the award-winning NBA2K franchise on the Nintendo Switch, Playstation 4, and Xbox One.
What You Will Do:
- Implement new gameplay features across a diverse codebase
- Drive product schedule creation, architecture, and task estimates
- Write clean, robust, readable, well-documented, and efficient code that can be easily understood by other team members; be a great teammate that can handle code and suggestions coming from collaborators
- Demonstrate the flexibility required in an agile team environment
- Provide technical mentorship to teams, and be responsible for the software effort on assigned projects
- Lead a handful of engineers in their tasking in support of your assigned projects
- Collaborate with technical leaders across multiple VC studios for major features and changes
Who We Believe Will Be A Phenomenal Fit:
- 10+ years of technical professional work experience
- Experience with AAA Games
- Expertise crafting data structures and algorithms
- Expertise with a broad range of platforms and programming languages, especially C/C++
- Expertise with Object Oriented programming techniques and robust engineering practices
- Expertise utilizing and adapting software development patterns
- Expertise with 3D math
- Expertise using common development tools (e.g., Visual Studio, Git, Jira, Perforce)
- Expertise mentoring and leading other talented engineers
- Experience with Games
- Plans and completes assignments with little direction from leadership, while providing direction across engineering teams
- Maintain currency with gaming technology, including AI, graphics, network communications, and game engines
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related field
- Expertise with multithreaded and asynchronous programming
- Expertise with recent generation game console and mobile app development
- Expertise with graphics programming
- Game engine experience (Unity 3D, Unreal Engine, Etc...)
As a part of the 2K family, Visual Concepts offers wonderful benefits, the chance to contribute to an award-winning franchise, and real career growth for all levels of experience. If you feel your experience, passion for video games, and desire to make an impact are a match to criteria outlined above, then we would love to hear from you!
Please note that Visual Concepts Entertainment and 2K Games never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing, only use VCentertainment.com and 2K.com accounts.