We’re looking for a Senior Cinematic Technical Artist to join our team at Cloud Chamber Montreal. In this role, you’ll own the technical art and animation aspects of the cinematic animation pipeline, overseeing the requirements for animation, characters and environment assets, visual effects, and audio integration. Under the Cinematics Director and following the creative direction set forth, you will help the team set up the best practices, create technical documentation and tools to achieve our artistic aspirations. With your expertise, we will honor and push forward the aesthetic of the next installment in the BioShock franchise. Together, we will create narratively poignant moments that blend seamlessly and dramatically into captivating gameplay scenarios.
- Create, maintain, and continuously improve tools and pipelines for Maya, 3DsMax and Unreal Engine.
- Help make sure assets and systems are optimized for run-time performance.
- Work closely with the team to refine workflows, content authoring tools, and liaise with the tools programming team
- Troubleshoot problems, and an find an appropriate creative solution
- Create documentation and video tutorials on best practices and technical constraints for the cinematics team
- Communicate with other disciplines part of the cinematics pipeline (Animation, VFX, Direction Créative et Art)
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
You are a flexible, curious Technical Artist or Animator. You are able to craft and design supporting tools, optimizing assets, simple particle effects, and materials. You possess a good understanding of cinematic game lighting and general scene assembly from a technical requirement perspective. You can rough things in and flex your proactive problem-solving skills while collaborating with other experts across the disciplines involved with the cinematics pipeline. You enjoy ensuring smooth workflows and being a technical point person for an outstanding cinematic storytelling experience.
- 5 years + of experience as Technical Artist or Animator or Technical Art Director
- Have shipped a minimum of 1 AAA game title
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to create technical documentation and tutorial for peers
- Good knowledge of Maya, 3DsMax and game engines
- Unreal experience and familiarity with Unreal Sequencer is a huge plus
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us, we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.