We are looking for a Senior Gameplay Programmer to join our Gameplay team. In this role you will own a large part of our World Systems and Player Progression systems. You will work collaboratively with Design, Animation, Audio, and Art to build some of these large systems and own their technical creation from the ground up, starting with prototyping, and carrying them all the way to a polished state. During this process you will have constant opportunities to help elevate, problem solve, and steer these ideas as they develop.
- Serve as Senior Gameplay Programmer, coordinating efforts across multiple studios and helping to guide technical direction of the studio
- Work closely and constructively with design and art teams to realize creative ambitions
- Architect and coordinate the implementation of new Gameplay systems and features
- Work within Unreal Engine 5 adapting existing systems and building new technology in
- order to fulfill the project’s technical needs and creative goals
- Support planning efforts by estimating and dependency checking gameplay feature
- Research coding techniques and algorithms in order to keep current on technological
- developments and advancements in the game industry
- Identify technical and developmental risks/obstacles and generate solutions to overcome identified risks
Skills, Experience and Qualifications:
We think you will be a great fit if you have a passion for collaborating with people in different disciplines to develop interesting gameplay experiences. We hope that you will combine strong math skills with design sensibilities so that you can help deliver high quality and fun-to-play systems. At Cloud Chamber we strive to delegate creative ownership of tasks and features to small, interdisciplinary pods. We hope to find someone that can be inspired to take strong ownership of ideas and drive them through prototyping to completion.
- Expertise with the C/C++ programming language along with a strong familiarity with
- Object-Oriented (OO) design principles
- 7+ years of programming experience on commercial software projects
- 3-5 years of experience as a senior or sub-lead
- Commitment to code quality, documentation and sound testing procedures
- Ability to learn and master new technologies and code
- Ability to work independently and efficiently under deadlines
- Must have strong 3D Math skills
We are Cloud Chamber: a collaborative team of inspired minds who create games together. We strive to make unique, entertaining, and thoughtful game experiences that engage the world.
We believe in the beauty and strength of diversity, in both the makeup of the studio and the nature of our thinking. Our focus on open communication and overall well-being allows each of us to strive for excellence in our work, and happiness in our lives.
We’re currently making the next BioShock. Our love for this iconic franchise is what brought us together. The thrill and responsibility of creating the next iteration of such a beloved game is what keeps us going.
If all of this sounds as exciting to you as it is to us we’d love to meet you. Join us in creating worlds that move people.
Please note that 2K Games and its studios never use instant messaging apps or personal email accounts to contact prospective employees or conduct interviews. When emailing prospective employees we only use 2K.com accounts.