Have you ever dreamed of working at one of the world’s biggest video game publishers? Do you have a passion for marketing, entertainment, and sports? Do you desire a fast-paced, team-oriented, multi-faceted work environment, where every day is never the same, you get to do a variety of cool things, and your opinion matters, with a great work/life balance? If so, we would love to meet you and have you on our marketing team.
Who We Are:
Collectively, the 2K Global Sports Marketing team, based in Novato, CA, includes over 50 years of sports, entertainment, and video game industry experience. We’ve come from near and far to settle as a collective unit in the rolling hills of Marin County (thought 2020 certainly brought some changes there). We may have passionate discussions about work, music or the latest twists and turns of current events and pop culture, but we’ve made that trek, because we love what we do, and the people that we work with.
Of course, what is impressive isn’t where we are from, or where we are now, but what we’ve collectively accomplished over the last few years. Our team is growing and we’re anticipating more years of growth to come, because of this team, and perhaps…you!
2K develops and publishes interactive entertainment globally for console systems, handheld gaming devices and personal computers, including smartphones and tablets. 2K is a leading publisher of today’s most popular gaming genres and most well-known for critically acclaimed game franchises like NBA 2K, WWE 2K, PGA TOUR 2K, Borderlands, XCOM and the beloved Sid Meier’s Civilization.
What We Need:
We’re looking for a hungry, highly motivated, passionate, creative-thinking and detail-oriented Associate Marketing Manager who will be a vital part of the 2K Sports Marketing team. Under direction of the Senior Manager, Global Sports Marketing, the Associate Marketing Manager will participate in the development and execution of global marketing strategies and go to market campaigns. You will support marketing and communication for product launches attached to high profile console, mobile and PC titles. You will work closely with a variety of teams including key internal cross functional departments, global teams, licensors, league partners and other partners and external agencies.
The ideal candidate will have expertise in synthesizing research and data in development of marketing programs to generate global excitement, awareness, and demand. Striking that perfect balance between art and science, you will work collaboratively to create innovating marketing programs with cross-functional publishing teams, development teams, external agencies, and studio leadership based on established KPIs for the business.
In a nutshell, we’re looking for a motivated, self-starting, collaborator that can make great things happen. You will contribute to every facet of AAA products / entertainment launches from beginning to end. If the public sees it, you will have played a significant role in bringing it to market.
What You Will Do:
In this role, you will have to wear several different hats: creative marketer, organizer, diplomat, strategist, data analyst, and front-line executer. You will work closely with the Development Studio, Licensors and Global Publishing partners to develop and execute insights-driven global brand marketing strategies from initial concept inception through development, launch, and beyond, maximizing long-term acquisition, engagement, retention, and monetization.
- Play both leading and supporting roles in developing and executing global marketing campaigns and tactical executions for successful 2K sports portfolio product launches, as defined by the label’s annual objective
- Manage end-to-end creative process for both internal/external marketing assets – key art, trailers, social content, etc. – from writing briefs to distributing/deploying assets, working with in-house creative departments and creative agencies across a variety of mediums
- Track project schedules for key campaign beats and maintain marketing calendars across multiple high-profile games
- Collaborate with Global Senior Marketing Manager and Territory Managers to support sales teams and partnership teams on co-marketing programs and initiatives to drive retailer buy in and promotional support
- Lead/preside over weekly meetings, provide regular after-action reports, and periodically build and present plans and other marketing decks
- Support campaign execution, optimization and research that help drive each product’s revenue and profit target
- Monitor consumer behaviors and KPI data to insure products are in sync with market expectations and Global Marketing goals
- Support with business management tasks including processing POs, maintain and track budget expenditure’s and calendaring
- Be a Marketing Ambassador in all internal and external meetings and presentations, excel as a team player and strive to maximize team/department performance
Who We Think Will Be A Great Fit:
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 3 years of product marketing and brand management experience in applicable industry. Knowledge of these industries will certainly not hurt – gaming, sports, entertainment (or sports-entertainment), consumer products
- A combination of qualitative and quantitative skills and analysis, polished by big brand experience
- A strong foundational understanding of both consumer research and business analytics
- Ability to verbalize clear, concise, and compelling solutions to marketing challenges in various formats of informal and formal correspondence and presentations
- Impeccable communication throughout all team dynamics – upstream, downstream, laterally – and a winning disposition in rallying team members and teams
- Well-referenced experience in successfully managing cross-functional teams/projects, internal creative services, and external marketing/production vendors
- Ability to prioritize tasks and succeed under pressure of time, of changing and challenging situations, and of high expectations from team leadership
- A track record of juggling multiple projects… and completing them with time to spare. You are a flawless executor, not a procrastinator
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and want to solve head-scratching challenges. You care about your work product, the group’s output, etc. as if it’s a reflection on yourself
- Cultural fit. This is a group that enjoys working together and has fun together socially, whether at events or day-to-day. We are not formal in the traditional sense of the word. Office hours are pretty standard, but office-in-pocket hours are varied, and things are always moving
- Does not need to have a deep product knowledge of wrestling, golf, football, or be a “fan”. However, once on board, that person does need to take an active interest in learning the brands, and keeping up with programming, consumer data, business trends, and learn the brands inside and out. Has an interest in brand management and marketing in entertainment, lifestyle, gaming, and sports
- Self-motivated to get things done early, to quality. Doesn’t sit and wait for direction. Actively starts projects and asks pertinent questions to keep things moving forward. A self-starter and driver of the business that’s not afraid to tactfully follow up, pick up the phone, or go to someone’s desk
- Should have awareness / knowledge of social, cultural trends, and current events
- Do these adjectives should describe you: Team player, strategic, scrappy, problem solver, creative thinker, passionate, collaborative, determined, multi-tasker, detail-oriented, no-task-is-too-menial? You’re so much fun to work with, we would love to hang out after work or over the weekend. If so, click here to apply