JOB TITLE: Senior Technical Artist – Dynamics
LOCATION: Brno or Prague, Czech Republic
REPORTS TO: Lead Technical Artist
What We Need:
Hangar 13 is looking for an experienced Senior Technical Artist to help create and maintain dynamic, ingame destructible and dynamic cloth assets, proactively identify new technologies, develop tools and creatively solve pipeline issues. This is an amazing opportunity to work side-by-side with the finest talent working in game development today.
What You Will Do:
- Work with Engineering to understand technical requirements and limitations of engine and hardware and expectations.
- Work with Art, Design, VFX and Animation to understand content needs of the game.
- Work with content creators and engineers to develop innovative tools and pipelines to advance the state of real-time technical art
- Create dynamic cloth assets for our project using the Havoc cloth tool suite.
- Streamline and standardize Havoc cloth pipeline for characters and environment assets.
- Create impactful rigid and soft body simulations as well as fluid simulations for use in our game.
- Create visually stunning effects and behaviors for interactive assets.
- Create other highly technical game content.
Who We Think Will Be A Good Fit:
- 2+ years of experience in a Technical Art related field.
- At least one released title on current console generation (XB1 or PS4), preferably AAA.
- Strong knowledge of one of the major 3D Modelling package, 3DS Max/Maya.
- Ability to work independently with a high level of autonomy.
- In depth knowledge of 3DS Max, Maya, and Photoshop.
- Up-to-date knowledge of “next-gen” game art currently leading in the market
- Strong ability to learn new areas of development.
- Proven ability to work well within a team atmosphere.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Creative problem solving skills.
Nice To Have:
- Experience in rigging and animation.
- Knowledge of additional scripting languages: Java Script, VB
- Knowledge of Houdini or other similar software.
- Ability to multitask and work under deadlines.
- BS / BA degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Graphic Arts, Art or a related field preferred.
Who We Are:
Hangar 13 is an internal 2K development studio based in four locations: Novato (California), Brighton (UK), and Brno & Prague (Czech Republic), working collaboratively as one team.
Each of our locations provides the opportunity to Bravely Create on big-budget, AAA console titles in a diverse and inclusive environment.
At Hangar 13, we want people driven by curiosity — Visionaries who aren’t afraid to explore new territory. Intrepid individuals who embrace the weird, the challenging, the unconventional.
We’re continuing to build a space that empowers you to take risks and redefine what’s possible,
Where your inquisitive nature is nourished —
A home for people who aren’t satisfied with what is, but who are obsessed by what could be.
So bring your talent,
Your unique point-of-view, Your fearless tenacity,
And together, we’ll Bravely Create.
Located in the south-east part of the Czech Republic, just a 2-hour drive from Prague, 3 hrs from Budapest and mere 90 minutes from Vienna, surrounded by vineyards from the south-east and highlands from the north-west, Brno is a comfortable place to live and work. This Czech Republic´s second largest city offers everything you need without the big city rush - modern architecture, perfect cuisine, award-winning bars, and diverse countryside.
Located in the heart of Europe, with its enchanting historical centre and magic energy, Prague is one of the world's most stunning cities. The Hangar 13 office is based in the city centre, just a few minutes from the Old Town and its famous astronomical clock. Cultural events, vibrant nightlife, sports and leisure time activities, beautiful nature – all just a few steps away.